• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from Colorado

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome from Colorado. Lots of ml clubs that shoot traditional. Depending on where you live can find shoots weekly. Recommend joining the Colorado State Muzzleloading Association to keep abreast of shoots, etc. If you need a sponsor you can pm me. The Colorado Gun Collectors Association annual show is coming up mid May in Greeley. State Squirrel Rifle shoot in Masonville the week before hosted by Buckhorn Skinners. Fort Lupton Muzzle Loading Club will have novel and fun "pirate" theme shoot in June. Highly endorse going to gun show on Sat. or Sun. Less crowded on VIP day Friday but more expensive admittance.
That’s squrriel rifle shoot sounds very interesting I’ll have to check it out! Was already planning on going to the CGCA show. I went for the first time last year and it was super neat.

From the great state of Tennessee welcome to the club. Good luck with your turkey pursuit. What type of shotgun do you have in mind?
Thanks! I am pretty interested in a Thompson center new englander but can’t decide on getting one with chokes or with out. From reading it sounds like I can get by with the fixed choke and some time spent developing a good load and not have to deal with the hassle of removable chokes. But I’ve never messed with bp shotguns though so it’s totally new territory.

Thanks! I am pretty interested in a Thompson center new englander but can’t decide on getting one with chokes or with out. From reading it sounds like I can get by with the fixed choke and some time spent developing a good load and not have to deal with the hassle of removable chokes. But I’ve never messed with bp shotguns though so it’s totally new territory.
I've got a New Englander and you can't go wrong with those. Wouldn't take a new Prius for mine... Check out the Smoothbore section in just a few minutes. Gonna post something on there you might find helpful. Just don't want to junk up the New Member's forum with a gun topic...

Jake 3008, The Squirrel Shoot in Masonville is May 13th and 14th. The CGCA show is the following weekend (20 and 21st) and Mountain Man University, 21 - 28th. Jake, I'll be helping out on an exhibitor table with many Spanish Colonial antiques. Stop by and introduce yourself. Turkey season with shotguns here is in full swing. Yes, Barry, Ken is beardedhorse. If you can't be at this year's Squirrel Shoot to commemorate the Buckhorn Skinner's 50th anniversary you should write a small history of it for the club newsletter. It would be appreciated by all and inform the new members. Jake, you can start a new post about black powder shotguns w/wo choke for turkey and get a lot of members chiming in.

Latest posts

Back