• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from Berlin/Germany

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Supergrobi

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello Forum,

ich just want to introduce myself in a few words.
I'm beginner in shooting. I shot several times with "common weapons" and was bored quite fast. So i now started shooting muzzleloaders and i like to figure out the right charge, bullet, patch and so on. That takes times but is very fun.
Muzzleloders are not very common in Germany, and hunting with them unfortunately is very restricted.
I bought and shoot three guns until now:

1.Ardesa Woodsman .45. manufactured by Traditions, sold by Ardesa (or vice versa). Alas, they are not sold in Germany with .50.

2. Ardesa Patriot .45.
3. Pedersoli Derringer as a nice toy.

Next projects: An Enfield P53 three banded. I'm looking toward to make paper cartridges, install an (needless) bajonett and suture Capbags for it.

That's all for now. Please apologise mistakes i made. I learned english in school and just use it for reading medical studies and articles, so i am not well trained in using it in an active way. And i am very thankful to be pointed to mistakes i made to improve my english!

Best regards
Frank

Welcome to the Forum, Frank. I would say "Willkommen" - but my German would be far worse than anything you do with English (which is not bad).

You have been seduced by the Dark Side, and have come to the right place to feed your addiction.

I am sorry to hear that muzzleloaders are not common in Germany, and their use in hunting is restricted. We, too, have our share of Dumbkopfs.

Your Ardesa guns are made in Spain, I believe. Are you satisfied with their quality?

We have other Germans on the Forum who will probably chime in to give you a helping hand. But everyone here will be welcoming of you, and more than happy to help answer any questions you have, so don't hesitate to ask. The only dumb question is the one that isn't asked.

Jump right in! :hatsoff:

Richard

welcome to the camp frank :hatsoff: . several germans are members of the MLF. good bit of info here. if you ever shoot cap and ball revolvers you will be hooked for life.
blizzard.

Welcome to the forum Frank. Your English is good and better than some Americans who occasionally post on the forum. We are all available to help you with any questions you may have. All of us were where you are at now regarding muzzleloading guns, and some of us who have been shooting muzzleloaders for 40 years or more are still learning. Don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have.

Welcome to the forum Frank. You should not worry about your English as it is quite good and better than some who post here. I was in Berlin about 10 years ago for a couple of weeks on business with Bombardier. Stayed at the Berliner. Beautiful city.

Enjoy the site and the tremendous amount of knowledge that resides here. Most of all enjoy your muzzleloaders and shooting them. :thumbsup:

Dave

Hi Richard,

i am really satisfied with the quality of my Ardesa Guns, even if they are really cheap: 230€ Each.

The Woodsman ist tough and shoots accurate.
I just have minor problems with the Patriot: Yesterday, while shooting it, the flat spring of the set trigger loosened, so pulling the front trigger just produced a "click" - so i had to shoot without using it.
Fortunately, the problem was fixed quick at home with a screwdriver and locktite.

Best Regards
Frank

Latest News: An Armi Jager Zouave was offered to me for 300€. I think, i will buy it!

Toll! Leider ist Dir eine Sucht aufgefallen, von der Du nie los wirst - aber es ist doch eine tolle Sucht!

(Great! Unfortunately you have fallen victim to an incurable addiction - but it's a great addiction!)

Ich war nicht seit der Wende in Berlin - nur im Sommer 1986, aber ich hoffe, die Stadt wieder mal besuchen zu duerfen.

Wow, auf Deutsch begrüßt zu werden ist ja wirklich schön!
Komm mal wieder vorbei, Berlin ist seit 1986 noch schöner geworden und "immer eine Reise Wert" (alter Werbeslogan).
And: The addiction is complete and will stay. There already are several Guns on my "wanted"-list.

Best Regards
Frank

Latest posts

Back