• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hawken Classic.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The Classic is only a few months away, it really didn't get much press last year so I though to get it rolling.
I'll be donating another bag to raffle off and will post some pics when I get it finished.

Attachments

• hawken-classic-one-page-flyer.pdf
    320.3 KB · Views: 0
The display of original Hawken, Gemmer and MO rifles was incredible.
The Ashley Return guys telling their 3 month journey was another highlight.

I hope to get out there this year. Kind of doubt if I’ll make it, but there is a chance.

I’ve been a Hawken fan for a mighty long time. It would be great to meet some of the good folks from the Forum in person, too.

Notchy Bob
You'll get to shoot an original Hawken if you wish, kinda' amazing to shoot a 50K
gun for free.

Yessir. That alone would be a good reason to go, but it sounds as if there will be plenty to do.

I'm curious... Is there any old-time music at this event?

Notchy Bob
There wasn't any last year but we were still dealing with the tail-end of Covad.
I'm pretty sure there won't be any onstage players at this one, but I'm sure you'd find some at the campsites.

Thanks Mark for posting information about the Hawken Classic! I’m happy to help answer anyone’s questions about the event. I’ll post some information about the event to help others decide if they should attend.

Attachments

• IMG_2619.jpeg
    IMG_2619.jpeg
    1,008.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2618.jpeg
    IMG_2618.jpeg
    1,009.6 KB · Views: 0
  • hawken classic 2023 one page flyer.pdf
    313.8 KB · Views: 0
  • map of the daniel boone village.jpg
    map of the daniel boone village.jpg
    755.7 KB · Views: 0
  • hawken classic 2023 trifold brochure.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • registration form.pdf
    147.5 KB · Views: 0
  • hawken classic 2023 participation rules.pdf
    119.3 KB · Views: 0
  • hawken classic 2023 seminar schedule.pdf
    197.4 KB · Views: 0
  • hawken classic 2023 overall schedule.pdf
    143 KB · Views: 0
  • gmlgc waiver rev 3-31-2023.pdf
    262.4 KB · Views: 0
Yessir. That alone would be a good reason to go, but it sounds as if there will be plenty to do.

I'm curious... Is there any old-time music at this event?

Notchy Bob
There were a few people last year that were going to provide music last year, but things fell through and they didn’t make it. We would love to have this as part of the event. If there are some musicians that decide to go and would like to have me promote times when music will be played, I’d be happy to do that. I can add it to the event schedule.

There were a few people last year that were going to provide music last year, but things fell through and they didn’t make it. We would love to have this as part of the event. If there are some musicians that decide to go and would like to have me promote times when music will be played, I’d be happy to do that. I can add it to the event schedule.
And no one under the age of 21 can attend those events....... 🤣 🤣 🤣

As promised here are a few pics of the bag I made as a raffle for the Classic.
The bag has three internal compartments, a wool strap, and a horn.
Yours truly made the bag but the strap was made by @KLWeaver and the horn by
@torpedo.
I'm not sure how much the raffle tickets will be. Bob will have to jump in and let you know that one.

IMGP1247.JPG
IMGP1248.JPG
IMGP1249.JPG
IMGP1250.JPG
IMGP1251.JPG

The files are shared from Dropbox. Here are the files just posted here.

Attachments

• registration form.pdf
    147.5 KB · Views: 0
  • hawken classic 2023 trifold brochure.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • hawken classic 2023 seminar schedule.pdf
    197.3 KB · Views: 0
  • map of the daniel boone village.jpg
    map of the daniel boone village.jpg
    755.7 KB · Views: 0
  • hawken classic 2023 overall schedule.pdf
    143 KB · Views: 0
  • hawken classic 2023 participation rules.pdf
    119.3 KB · Views: 0
  • hawken classic 2023 one page flyer.pdf
    313.8 KB · Views: 0
  • gmlgc waiver rev 3-31-2023.pdf
    262.4 KB · Views: 0
My 82 year old dad and I drove from Colorado to St. Louis for the Hawken Classic last year. For a first year event it was very well done and we are going to make the trip again in 2024! Like others have stated…I’m also a student and admirer of Hawken firearms.

Back