• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hate to do it, but here goes.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hear, fight the good fight and have faith, God is always in control. Your story just makes me aware of the many blessings I to often take for granted.

You have our blessings Sam, at 79 i'm also experiencing similar health issues & will need to find new caretakers for my treasured historical firearms as well. Parting with our early firearms is difficult but maybe we should consider ourselves fortunate as we've been fortunate to own & enjoy shooting these historically important time-travelers & now consider passing them along so future generations can enjoy them.
Sam our final years may not be the best but at least we have built decades of great memories & friends we've made at M/L Rendezvous & shoots at Friendship to think about. It's been a fantastic ride & I'm betting that when our bar code expires our Savior has even better times planned for us.
Chuck aka relics shooter
Idaho

You have our blessings Sam, at 79 i'm also experiencing similar health issues & will need to find new caretakers for my treasured historical firearms as well. Parting with our early firearms is difficult but maybe we should consider ourselves fortunate as we've been fortunate to own & enjoy shooting these historically important time-travelers & now consider passing them along so future generations can enjoy them.
Sam our final years may not be the best but at least we have built decades of great memories & friends we've made at M/L Rendezvous & shoots at Friendship to think about. It's been a fantastic ride & I'm betting that when our bar code expires our Savior has even better times planned for us.
Chuck aka relics shooter
Idaho
That is a fine post!

Wow! What a tiger! Keep the plane flying! I grew up with a "Flying Leatherneck" (US Marine fighter pilot; decorated DFC for flying combat over Korea). I hope this is a fair way to express my interest in whatever you're selling. If not, mea culpa, and advise me how to do so correctly.

I can relate to some of your miseries. I too had a run-in with MRSA, twice. I had triple bypass surgery and the IV site got infected. That pushed back my discharge date. I complained to the nurses about one of the graft harvest sites. I told them it didn't look right but it was ignored. Several days after my initial discharge, I went to the emergency room because the harvest site was weeping very much. Another ambulance ride back to the surgery hospital to get the MRSA infection cleared up.

Well folks after a long good run with traditional ML rifles, I am selling all mine off except 2, which I will gift to some younger folks. I have been fortunate to win 2 KY Bluegrass games and a 2nd in the three times I have shot the match. I have medaled 32 times in NMLRA matches at Friendship and other matches. 3 years ago I had a hip replaced, 3 weeks later i had to have it redone, due to MRSA infection. 5 weeks later the doc gave me the goahead to start therapy. The next morning I fell out of bed when I tried to get up, with a severe stroke, laid there unable to move for 5 1/2 hours. Finally got the left side of my body working and crawled to a phone and called my wife who came home with an ambulance, got me to the hospital, 15 minutes later I had the second stroke, a hour later I had the 3rd stroke. Left my right side mostly paralyzed, and I cant stand or walk without 2 forearm crutches. I have went to therapy, did everything the docs wanted me to, but I am going downhill, and the wife and I decided to get rid of a lot of things I can no longer do, even selling off our entire cow herd. I will be posting some ML rifles for sale on here, and will gladly send pics to your email or PH#. Please, no negative comments, That was all I got the last 3 times I advertised a rifle on here, and I have had nothing but positive feedback from the fellers I have traded with. Also If I can get someone to post pics I will be happy to do so. I am computer challenged before I had the strokes, even moreso now. It has taken me about 40 minutes to type this short message, due to my having to hunt and peck and messing up a lot due to the impairment. Also, I want to add one more thing. I will be donating a rifle to the forum, to auction off, I can do this anytime you all wish, Moderators pm me on how to go about doing so. Thanks, Sam Koger
Sir, you have my heart felt empathy. I suffered a stroke back in 2000, during brain surgery. I know from experience how you and your wife must have felt.

Andy 52, you are correct to a point, I have crammed a lot of living into nearly 59 years. I have fulfilled most of my hunting dreams, have been fortunate to take a 6x6 elk in Colorado, watch my wife take a 4x4 elk here in KY from a lottery tag she drew, taken several mule deer in the Nebraska Panhandle, and a big Main bear, 20 miles from the Canadian border. I have taken well over 100 whitetails here in KY, most of my good ones with bow, 20 of them with recurves and longbows. My wife also hunts and helps me to still be able to hunt. She has taken 20 deer with a ML rifle, and about 25 more with rifle and crossbow. We tag teamed them and took 5 deer last year.I have worked several jobs, the most rewarding was working as a Co Counselor/Social worker, for nearly 20 years for the State of KY, 17 years of that working with Kids who were incarcerated, and drug or alcohol addicts. In that time, i worked with 345 kids, and about 50% of them went home and stayed clean, sober, and some still keep in contact with me. I was working as a Supervisor in a bigger facility when all the illness happened. Though working thru the strokes has been hard, but nothing compared to loosing my 19 year old son in a car wreck, 20 years ago. That is something you never get over, but get better at dealing, to some degree. I still have a daughter and granddaughter and they are the light of my life. I appreciate all the kind comments and heartfelt prayers, I really do, you dont know how much. Life can be hard and cruel, enjoy the good times, love your family every chance you get, eat good food, dance when you can, and love the good lord with every bone in your body, and remember he is always there, when you call, just have faith.

Well folks after a long good run with traditional ML rifles, I am selling all mine off except 2, which I will gift to some younger folks. I have been fortunate to win 2 KY Bluegrass games and a 2nd in the three times I have shot the match. I have medaled 32 times in NMLRA matches at Friendship and other matches. 3 years ago I had a hip replaced, 3 weeks later i had to have it redone, due to MRSA infection. 5 weeks later the doc gave me the goahead to start therapy. The next morning I fell out of bed when I tried to get up, with a severe stroke, laid there unable to move for 5 1/2 hours. Finally got the left side of my body working and crawled to a phone and called my wife who came home with an ambulance, got me to the hospital, 15 minutes later I had the second stroke, a hour later I had the 3rd stroke. Left my right side mostly paralyzed, and I cant stand or walk without 2 forearm crutches. I have went to therapy, did everything the docs wanted me to, but I am going downhill, and the wife and I decided to get rid of a lot of things I can no longer do, even selling off our entire cow herd. I will be posting some ML rifles for sale on here, and will gladly send pics to your email or PH#. Please, no negative comments, That was all I got the last 3 times I advertised a rifle on here, and I have had nothing but positive feedback from the fellers I have traded with. Also If I can get someone to post pics I will be happy to do so. I am computer challenged before I had the strokes, even moreso now. It has taken me about 40 minutes to type this short message, due to my having to hunt and peck and messing up a lot due to the impairment. Also, I want to add one more thing. I will be donating a rifle to the forum, to auction off, I can do this anytime you all wish, Moderators pm me on how to go about doing so. Thanks, Sam Koger
Sam, may God be with you and you are in my prayers.
Squint

VERY sorry to hear of your plight. I sold off my stuff a couple weeks ago and now goes my reloading equipment. Sold a bunch of stuff and more to go. Have stage 4 esophageal cancer. Less worries for the better half and we can spend what time I have left together and enjoying each others company. Good friends have made the last leg of my journey much easier to handle. Don't forget to tell those who have helped THANK YOU often and with a hug like you mean.

You're an Inspiration. Thanks for showing me how to stare into the eye of adversity with strong will and a clear path. I hope I can do half as well. I am praying for you and especially your wife.

Praying for you brother!

Dave from Canada

Sam you are in my prayers and thoughts. I am on my third pacemaker and started having heart problems at 32. My father was a flying rancher and taught me to fly a plane. I will always remember what he told me when I was on a cross country flight with him over the West Texas desert and the engine started running rumbling and spitting oil out along the side. We kept losing altitude and were looking for a place to land. We made it to an airstrip and were not high off the ground when we got there. When we came to a stop my dad looked at me and said " Son no matter what happens, no matter what falls off, No matter what you fly the plane as long as it will fly. Later in life he had many heart attacks and surgeries, including an experimental surgery in Houston. I went to see him after the surgery and he took my hand and said "No matter what happens we fly the plane as long as it will fly." God bless your flight Sam.
When you are having trouble and you feel like you are lost and may crash lock on to the localizer and let the automatic pilot stear you to a safe landing!that is what our master wants us to do. He controls every thing in life even though we may not understand why certain thing happen to us. God bless you my friend!

Back