• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hate to do it, but here goes.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, sorry to read about this Sam. You're wife is a saint with all she is doing to help you out. This is also a reminder to live life to the fullest every day, as we never know when we'll be the next person in this situation.

Sam I am sorry for all your trials. May you continue to look for and see the Lords blessings in all of this. As I remember I will be praying for you!

Hey Sam - sorry to hear of your troubles, but you are keeping your chin up and the plane flying.
Save me a seat at the campfire if you get there afore me - I'll do the same if I get there first.
Your Dad spoke truth - and I have had a few landings like that in the past. Can't fly now due to all the pills them VA docs give me - and they want to replace BOTH hips! I just keep working at the bench here in my shop. Some days can't do much, other days even less.. But I try!

You are slowed down a mite, but you can still think, move, and plan for your future. There is life still in you. Do what you can. You might write slow, but you can still offer advice and comments to the members on this forum. Do not give up. Learn to help others. My friend told me to wait at least one year after a problem arises before making any drastic decisions. It was good advice. God Bless you. You are in my prayers.

I am overwhelmed by the response and appreciate every one. I had several churches praying for me, thru the surgeries. Between the 2nd and 3rd surgeries , I had -MRSA and a Proteus 19 infection in the joint, and nearly went septic. The docs told me 1 in 10 that had those type of infections in the joint live thru it, he told me I won the lotto twice. I have no doubt that God and the folks praying for me pulled me thru this ordeal, and that God has a purpose for me to remain here a little longer. I was saved when I was 13 years old, and put forth effort to live a Christian life my whole life, and the good thing was, at any time I was ready to go home, if called. I look at each new day that I wake up as a win, and every morning the coffee tastes a little better. Thanks for all the comments and prayers.

I am overwhelmed by the response and appreciate every one. I had several churches praying for me, thru the surgeries. Between the 2nd and 3rd surgeries , I had -MRSA and a Proteus 19 infection in the joint, and nearly went septic. The docs told me 1 in 10 that had those type of infections in the joint live thru it, he told me I won the lotto twice. I have no doubt that God and the folks praying for me pulled me thru this ordeal, and that God has a purpose for me to remain here a little longer. I was saved when I was 13 years old, and put forth effort to live a Christian life my whole life, and the good thing was, at any time I was ready to go home, if called. I look at each new day that I wake up as a win, and every morning the coffee tastes a little better. Thanks for all the comments and prayers.
Thank you for this post and for y our testimony. I admire your positive attitude in the face of so many troubles. God's grace upon you, your wife and family, I pray.

Revelations 21:1,3,4,5.

My prayers are with you Sam!i would be interested in some smoke pole for a grand son if you so choose let one go my way .Thanks God bless

Well folks after a long good run with traditional ML rifles, I am selling all mine off except 2, which I will gift to some younger folks. I have been fortunate to win 2 KY Bluegrass games and a 2nd in the three times I have shot the match. I have medaled 32 times in NMLRA matches at Friendship and other matches. 3 years ago I had a hip replaced, 3 weeks later i had to have it redone, due to MRSA infection. 5 weeks later the doc gave me the goahead to start therapy. The next morning I fell out of bed when I tried to get up, with a severe stroke, laid there unable to move for 5 1/2 hours. Finally got the left side of my body working and crawled to a phone and called my wife who came home with an ambulance, got me to the hospital, 15 minutes later I had the second stroke, a hour later I had the 3rd stroke. Left my right side mostly paralyzed, and I cant stand or walk without 2 forearm crutches. I have went to therapy, did everything the docs wanted me to, but I am going downhill, and the wife and I decided to get rid of a lot of things I can no longer do, even selling off our entire cow herd. I will be posting some ML rifles for sale on here, and will gladly send pics to your email or PH#. Please, no negative comments, That was all I got the last 3 times I advertised a rifle on here, and I have had nothing but positive feedback from the fellers I have traded with. Also If I can get someone to post pics I will be happy to do so. I am computer challenged before I had the strokes, even moreso now. It has taken me about 40 minutes to type this short message, due to my having to hunt and peck and messing up a lot due to the impairment. Also, I want to add one more thing. I will be donating a rifle to the forum, to auction off, I can do this anytime you all wish, Moderators pm me on how to go about doing so. Thanks, Sam Koger
So sorry to learn of your medical problems. This is the time of life that is so difficult and you can only keep the faith an try to make each day better than the last. I’m not trying to be Pollyanna but it’s my philosophy as I age. Best of luck and God Bless.

So sorry to hear this, Sam. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Thank you for generosity. I'm of an age where I am less and less able to go shooting and I know how painful it is to not be able to do the thing that I have loved my whole life.

I add my prayers too, Sam. I would guess selling cows and guns is like having to say goodbye to family. Both have been a deep part of your life. Take care good guy.

Sam, it sounds to me like you have had a wonderfully fulfilling life, and stepping back looking at it should make you proud.
I'm 70 years old and look back on the things I've done and accomplished with a smile, some I can still do others I can't.
But when I look in the mirror at an old face I hardly recognize sometimes the memories flood back and I just smile.

Back