• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hakenbuchse number two.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A couple up-dated pics, added a brass tab for the wedge tether and a brass holder for the serpentine lever.

updatedpic1.jpg

update2.jpg

update4.jpg

update3.jpg

:v That 1.00" gonne the "Kraken" was made by Claypipe, the tiller was an octagonal chunk of wood. The You Tube firing gave a mighty report and lots of smoke.Claypipe may bring that back for us to view again, I am sure it's in the archives of the Forum.. BTW Lenn I like the figure in the wood you brought out of that 2 x 6--- :haha: :hatsoff: "Doc"

Thanks Doc, actually it`s a 2x4 it just looks big.
Sawed it on my mill so it`s full 2x4. :thumbsup:

Pasquenel said:
:v That 1.00" gonne the "Kraken" was made by Claypipe, the tiller was an octagonal chunk of wood. The You Tube firing gave a mighty report and lots of smoke.Claypipe may bring that back for us to view again, I am sure it's in the archives of the Forum.. BTW Lenn I like the figure in the wood you brought out of that 2 x 6--- :haha: :hatsoff: "Doc"

Actually, that wasn't the Kracken. That was my Zeus, which I no longer have due to my ex. That was built by Fred Miller, aka Lord Graywolf

Here are the movies you refered to:

Zeus1
Zeus2
Zeus3
Zeus4

Me, with a raw Kracken.

krack1b.jpg

A Finished Piece:

k1a.JPG

cp.gif

:bow: Claypipe thanks for rerunning those videos, they're the reason I got so worked up about wanting to join in the fun.The re-creation of the medieval gonne is to me a historical "fun to do" exercise.The Kraken is still a major desire of mine, it's a shame you aren't in possession of it anymore as I know the pride you had in it. :v

I have in the past, but have had to farm work out due to having a family and limit room. I had to postpone my plans for my new workshop, due to personal difficulties.

I am a Gonnemeister, that means I have made three basic types of gonnes, cast, forged and turned, as well as made powder from scratch, serpentine, as well as corned. As well as match cord. I hold a Cannon / Mortar certification from Massachusetts. Not an easy certification to obtain. Requires not only knowledge of proper procedure of the tubes, but laws of the Commonwealth of Mass and Federal.

cp.gif

Hakenbuchse !! Dam its good looking. I was sure that I had found my way in life, when I “Discovered” the Gonne. Then I see this tropic by Pitchy and realize that I truly am a pilgrim. Well no way back now I need to be in the workshop for an few days and then hopefully the weather forecast in Denmark will say: Thunder and lots of it.
Thanks Pitchy, for the inspiration. :thumbsup:

Best from Denmark
Tony

Tony thanks for the kind words its appreciated. I`m just a beginner myself with a overdose of enthusiasm, the other guys here are my inspiration. Looking foreward to seeing your guns. :thumbsup:

Back