• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Guess where I’m going tomorrow?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of these days, I’ll have to pay him a visit. Quite a drive from NE Kansas, though.

Funny story: My wife and I had a honeymoon of sorts in Florida 9 years after the fact this last summer. Ran into a newly married couple and got to chitchatting.

“Yeah, I’m from a little town in Ohio. Kensington.”

“Oh yeah? Where about is that?”

“Southeast of Akron. Closest town would be Hanoverton, but I wouldn’t call it much of a town”

He was pleasantly surprised I knew exactly where it was and that I knew of the Kibler’s. I guess they were family friends of sorts. Small world.
What are the odds?? That’s a cool story! If you ever decide to make the trip, make sure you go to the Spread Eagle Tavern. That Tavern is so close to the Kiblers you could walk to it from thier place! It was a cool trip!!

Almost didn't recognize Jim without his eye mag viewer on. 😄 Would like to make the trip myself to Kiblers, but it's a 12 hr almost 800 mile drive from my dwelling place. Maybe some day :)

Cool pic! Looks like Jim has "become one" with the kit.

Rifleborg....resistance, is futile.

I have become assimilated, I must admit. Colonial built, Woodsrunner ordered, fowler....?

What a great trip! Congratulations and enjoy the build.

I didn't realize it until now but Jim's shop is just under a hour away from me!!!

Maybe I'll make the trip to the tavern this summer. And hopefully some day, the trip to pick up one of Jim's guns.

I didn't realize it until now but Jim's shop is just under a hour away from me!!!

Maybe I'll make the trip to the tavern this summer. And hopefully some day, the trip to pick up one of Jim's guns.
You should make that happen. If I lived close by I’d try to get a job there sweeping up just to be around all the wood, barrels, and locks!

The woods runner is almost completed. It shoulders perfectly and is a joy to carry! I need to install the sights and do a little more brass polishing. Then sand the stock and then make the trip to Ken Nettings for some simple but elegant carving and engraving, I’m also going to let Ken put the finish on the stock. This rifle feels and handles more like a squirrel rifle rather than a deer slaying machine that it will become! Maybe it’s the swamped barrel or the shape of the stock, but I’m tempted to test fire it! The lock sparks like a champ and the trigger pull is pretty light. I’m really hoping Jim makes a Fowler for his next offering… if so I see another trip to Hanoverton for wife and …

If I lived that close I'd already be visiting that tavern.
I don't build guns so nit sure the trip to Kiblers would pull me away from my meal and pints,,, maybe if there are finished guns there in stock and available for purchase,,,,,, maybe.

Back