• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Grinding the nipple openings on a Remington New Model Army cylinder

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watched that same video yesterday and it does look to be the small sanding drum. I have two Uberti Stainless Target models that i wanna open up but i was thinking the diamond coated tips may work better?

Hope this helps

Attachments

• 71994980057__A9888ABD-CF32-4B58-AA89-5B847E592493.jpeg
    71994980057__A9888ABD-CF32-4B58-AA89-5B847E592493.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Bassist, which size/diameter? That's the result I am looking to achieve.
There's only a small and a large; the first two posts spec the small drum. Be sure to also get the appropriate sized mandrell, as they don't take the same.

You could probably also sand the nipples with a Dremel sanding wheel if you remove them. With the right sanding wheels you can use a quick-change mandrell, which is a whole heck of a lot easier than those compression mandrells the drums use.

I have seen Duelist 54 show this, and another guy on Youtube, but does anyone know exactly which Dremel insert to use for this task? They look to me like the small sanding drum, and Duelist 54 advises you need one for each nipple opening.
I think a proper milling job would be the best way to do this if one has access as they will all be uniform and with no runaway Dremel tracks.

Latest posts

Back