• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Greetings from WI

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray636

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello all,

Brand new to muzzleloading and stumbled upon this forum while doing research into what kit to get for my first build.

I'm 35 years old and live in NE Wisconsin (near Green Bay. Been shooting for the better part of my life and have always been captivated by the early history of America. I still have an old copy of the "Sketchbook '76" that I picked up as a kid on a family trip to the Niagra Falls area and have a vivid memory of seeing Howard Pyles painting "the Battle of Bunker Hill" for the first time in a book from the library.

Ihave built a few modern rifles (AR's)but I am quickly realizing that building black rifles is one thing and crafting a traditional muzzleloader will be a much different, more challenging, and I'm sure gratifying experience.

Oh and I'm looking at a Fusil de Chasse from TOTW or Sitting Fox as my first build. There is alot of early french voyeguer history in my neck of the woods.

Great to be here!

:thumbsup: Welcome to the site,i'm sure you will get all the help you need building your new project.Griz

Hey WI. Welcome from a fellow cheesehead. :haha:

You stumbled on THE BEST place for advice on building, shooting, history, etc.

FDC sounds cool. Also check out the R E Davis Fusil Fin kit. Suh-weet! A bit harder to build tho. Davis has some nice pipe hawk kits too.

Have fun and don't forget to browse/search the older posts. Tons of good info.

Welcome to the MLF Ray and welcome to the black powder family! There are lots of friendly knowlegable folks here on the site to help us along.

Thanks all for the welcome. I have already began to dig into the archived forums. Wow have I got alot of reading to do :thumbsup:

Welcome Ray, glad to have you onboard. My wife grew up in Green Bay, Has sisters there and I have several friends from that area.

Back