• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Greetings from Palmer AK

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all,

My names Ben, and over he last couple of years have gone through a re-entry, as I’ve referred to it, into muzzleloaders. I’m a commercial pilot and big game guide up here in AK, and due to the nature of my seasonal work, have some down time in the winter.
I’ve been putting a few rifle kits together, and making some knives again. Great fun.
I grew up in southwest Ohio, and from about the time I can remember as a young kid until I moved out of state, went to the 2 big shoots at Friendship IN, pretty consistently. Shot some primitive matches, camped over in the primitive camp for several years, and worked for Beaver Bill Forging Works all through college at Miami University, and the first couple years after. Made a lifelong friend there.
Anyways I was very interested in all this fun stuff and involved in the lifestyle for a period of time.
Its been exciting getting back into it all. Re newing NMLRA membership, thumbing through muzzle blasts again, listening to Ethan Yazels excellent podcast, putting some rifles kits together, blowing the dust off my little gas forge, etc etc.
Ive referenced this forum for a bit now, mainly for photos of rifles, and seeing whos building nice rifles these days, as I was pretty out of touch with current builders, and even kit offerings. I know the longrifle forum is another great resource.
I was planning on making it to Ian Pratt’s gun building workshop this winter, but couldn’t quite swing it. Motivated to make it happen next year.
Ian’s work is among my favorite. I absolutely love the way he patinas and ages his pieces.
Thanks for the forum! You probably won’t hear much from me, more of an observer on forums. I do plan on using the classifieds for a rifle or two if I start to get too many hanging around, ha!

cheers,
Ben

Welcome from Australia. Never been that far north when in the US but have read enough books and seen enough hunting shows to want to one day. Just keep your bears where they should though please… those naughty things! Lol

Latest posts

Back