• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Green Mtn barrel

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gene Perryman said:
I want to get a Green Mtn IBS 45 cal for my TC Renegade. Anyone done this.

Gene Perryman
Not that particular caliber but I have .54/.58/.62cal GM drop-in barrels in TC Hawken stocks and they're all good...do they offer a 1" drop-in barrel in .45cal?

I believe Pecatonica River still has some. By the way have you ever bought anything from them?

Gene Perryman

Gene Perryman said:
I believe Pecatonica River still has some. By the way have you ever bought anything from them?

Gene Perryman
Sorry, I wasn't interested in a .45cal in a 1" barrel...was just asking for clarification if GM even made a .45cal in a 1" barrel;

No, never bought anything from Petcatonica.

Good Afternoon Gene Perryman,

I have not personally done this, but a number of my shooting friends have done this, and all have been more than satisfied.

Dmills is currently working with a GM 45 Caliber in his T-C, and the last I heard, he was pretty happy with it.

Maybe he will come on the forum and give us a report.

Big Davy is using a GM 50 Caliber in his T-C Renegade. How about a report from you Davy?

I think you will be more than satisfied with the GM replacement.

Best regards and good shooting,

John L. Hinnant

If you are not an NRA or NMLRA Member, why not? I am carrying your load.

Well lets just say I won't be challenging anyone at Brady yet ... :hmm: But it's not because of the fine GM 50 call barrel I got!

The barrel will shoot circles around my ability, and I am very happy with it! It is a PRB one inch diameter - 32inch long, 1:66 twist barrel and I am delighted with it! :thumbsup:

With a small little modification it snapped right into my Renegade stock, taking the place of the badly pitted TC barrel that someone had badly neglected BEFORE I got aholt of it! :cursing:

I am no expert, but personally I do not think you can go wrong with one of their replacement barrels ... :hatsoff:

Davy

I have a 45 1" GM in a Renegade and it shoots excellent. It was recommended by one of the better shooters at Brady 15 years or so ago. At that time the 45 was the caliber of choice it seems. As most will attest GM barrels shoot better than the individual.

I also have a 15/16" GM in a T/C Hawken. I really prefer the 15/16" because it is a touch lighter.

RDE

Gene,
Contact GMB direct. They will tell you
what you want to know. If they don't have the
GM barrel your looking for they will tell you who
might have. Phone (603)447-1095. You will most
likely be talking to Keri and she will direct you.
snake-eyes :hatsoff:

Back