• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Flintlock smith needed

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im truly amazed at some of the things people will tell others to do too ''fix'' a gun. weld it, glue it, have a monkey beat it with a bat at midnight. scary 😧
experience!! when Eric mentioned moving the barrel back,, i saw metal work,, until it dawned on me what he meant.. easy fix after all!

Regardless of what you do or don't do to it, if you are looking for someone with whom to burn some powder in July and August, my wife and I live across the line on Beech Mtn. during those months, and I'll have my flinters with me...
its nice country over there,, as a matter of fact , my wife & i got married close to there (Blowing Rock)... I don't travel much any more,, but will surely keep this in mind...

More advice; an L&R RPL lock is a much better lock but the swap the way I did it is a real pain. I inlettted the lock to line up the pan with the touch hole and had to do all the metal shaping, lock bolt repositioning, underrib cutting and such. If I were to do another the first thing I would do is put the TC lock bolt through the stock and into the socket on the L&R bridal and tighten it down some to see where the pan is going to sit in relation to the touch hole.

I did it back asswards, I inletted the lock to put the pan where it was supposed to be and then found out the lock bolt didn't come close to hitting the socket in the bridal. The die was cast and I had to change everything, including repositioning the lock bolt hole to get it in the right place.

I had to shim the back of the lock plate because I had moved the lock inlet forward to get the correct pan/touch hole positioning.

I figured out a neat way to drill a blind hole for the lock bolt to hit the socket. If you end up in a pickle over the lock bolt missing the socket, I can show you how to do it, with pictures. I photograph everything to share when the questions come up somewhere down the road.

finished Renegads 001.JPG

Latest posts

Back