• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Green Mountain Nipple?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowboy2

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Anyone know what brand GM was using, or was it something made in-house?

Reason I ask is, I picked up one of their barrels a while back, and it shoots Rem #10 caps just fine. I should be getting a re-bored barrel back from Bob Hoyt in a week or so, and since I have a ton of #10s, the one from the factory looks worn, and #11s seem to be in short supply at the moment, I'd like to swap over.

The thread is a 1/4 x 28.
As far as getting a #10 to fire with it,, it's just a matter of chucking it up in a drill and filing/sanding the nipple circumference down to size.
Be sure to chuck the shoulder of the nipple not the threads, :wink:

That solution is too simple, sensible, and (presumptively) effective. You are clearly a bad person of evil designs who has chosen to take it upon himself to bedevil me by making my life simpler.

But I ain't falling for it. Nope, I want suggestions that cost me more money, time, and effort.

You can go ahead and chuck up on the threads with out harm to the nipple if you don't go Godzilla on the key to tighten them in. Have done it many times in lathe, drill press and hand drill without problem. They'll be centered better, give more room to work the cone and it's an easier set up. Mike D.

Its not red. If memory serves, its black (not blued). I'd go check, but I've got a mountain on my plate today.

Latest posts

Back