• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Great shots on the silver screen...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:hmm: AS I remember the scene, Davy sluips a ball into his mouth before he shots and implies he catches it in his moputh when accually it hit a keg of rum on the counter that his side kick played by Buddy Ebsen plugs with his finger. :rotf:

:thumbsup: IF anyone has shoot blackpowder rifle have most likely have shoot their ramrod out of their gun and it kicks like a mule. A friend of mine tried the ramrod shoot once while deerhunting when a deer walked up on him while he waqs in the middle of reloading. Missed the deer, lost his ramrod and the the very fine ramrod jag that was on the ramrod.

Josey Wales shooting the rope on the barge. "Well Mr. Carpetbagger,(spit)we got something in this territory called a Missouri boat ride."

Oh yeah,Abe, you should of listened to Lige,shoot him now. :shake:

collateral.gif

:grin:

jumpshot, whoever trained the shooter in that clip, did so perfectly, notice the push back, bringing the left hand back to cover the heart, 4 additional inches of protection, now the draw, perfectly ececuted, short draw, elbow tucked into side tightly for stability, absolutely perfect instinctive form for just that situation..push away, cover heart, draw tuck and fire...recover and face the next opponent...taught it for a hundred years...best i've ever seen in a movie ...thanks...Lee

For me, it was when working on the location shoot in New Salem, Illinois for "The Awakening Land". In one scene, all of us extras were whooping and hollering for some reason. The guy next to me was to fire off his flinter into the air. For one take, he let fly too soon, right next to my face and fake beard, igniting the crepe hair. My face got put out, the beard trimmed a bit, and we resumed filming. I've always regretted that my near immolation was not included in the movie, just one of the tamer, non-incendiary takes.

The good, the bad and the ugly..When (ugly) makes a pistol from parts of several guns and then goes out behind the store to the mini shooting range to try it out. He shoots the target causing it to spin sideways then splits it in two with the final shot. Then the famous words...."How much"?
Brings a tear to my eye every time I see it :bull:

for sheer badass-ness, i'd go with the scene from The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly when Angel Eyes covers his employer's head with the pillow and put 5 rounds from his 51 navy into the man's face.
gives me the shivers every time.

best line is from Life and times of Judge Roy Bean after paul newman shoots bad bob, and one of his deputies says "it wern't mush of a stand up fight was it?"
and Paul says "stand up? I laid down to steady my aim."

classic

One of my favorites is a few lines after that.

Deputy: It wasn't much of a fair fight.

Roy Bean : If he wanted a fair fight he should have gone somewhere else.

Valdez is coming.

Several good scenes there. One comes to mind.

Valdez has just picked off some of the bad guys with his Sharps rifle and leaves. the baddies find his brass (shouldn't have left that behind!) and mull over the incident.

the chief villain asks was it Valdez? and his cohort says "yea, it was a Sharps, or some kind of buffalo gun....or a cannon!"

Later they confront him about the shooting and the distance and say it must have been 7-800 yards to which he replies "more like one tousand!" good stuff.

Steve

Jumpshot, super clip.

That guy does it to perfection.

What movie is that from?

Doc

Hay Doc...looks like his tech advisors know thier stuff huh?...yeah, what movie is that from?...Lee

Back