• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

GRAF Black Powder

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I see Graf has BP under their name. Anyone have any experience with it (interested in the 3F)? How does it compare to GOEX?

Any info would be great!

Thanks,

Steve

from what ive heard its about the same as Schuetzen. i havent tried too many types of powder out there but i did buy 10 pounds of schuetzen a little while ago. the stuff is pretty dirty but all ive got to compare it too is pyrodex so im not the best example.

as far as power, schuetzen is some good stuff and also yields very nice groups outa my long rifle. (MUCH better then pyrodex at least)

hopefully someone with more experiance will chime in.

-Matt

Lots of info here with a search and elsewhere on the web on Graf's. I usually buy Goex to support jobs in the USA, but Graf's is good stuff. Graf's was out of 3f when I last checked two weeks or so ago, but had their house brand in stock and on sale for 11.99 a pound-made my choice pretty easy. I think it burns cleaner myself, but performance was about the same for me. I base that opinion on the fact that my revolvers didn't bind up even after shooting four cylinders of the stuff. All of my jugs are labeled "made in Germany by Wano".

If somebody didn't know what they were shooting, I doubt they could tell which was which.

Grafpowder.jpg

The problem with asking somebody, is most likely they already have an opinion and whatever it is, is going to be better. The best way is to let them shoot without know what they are shooting and make them say.
BTW, I believe Pyrodex is cleaner (it's supposed to be anyhow) than real black powder but the fact remains you have to clean the gun so what difference does it make? None.

I used about 15 pounds of 3Fg and 2Fg and found it to be excellent. The interesting thing about it was that the 3Fg seemed to burn cleaner than the 3Fg Goex but the 2Fg seemed be dirtier than the Goex 2Fg. Just a very subjective observation.

ok, that IS relabeled schuetzen!

im looken at a bottle of schuetzen right now and it is the EXACT same plastic container and schuetzen is also made by Wano.

Went up to the Back Creek Gun Shop north of Winchester last weekend to buy some black powder. Thought about buying some Scheutzen just to see how my Hawken rifle likes it, but instead decided to get 3 lbs of good-old GOEX. $15/lb for the GOEX. $22/lb for Scheutzen. The proprietor said they didn't expect to get in any Diamondback until much later in the winter (i.e., December).

AllenHawken said:
Went up to the Back Creek Gun Shop north of Winchester last weekend to buy some black powder. Thought about buying some Scheutzen just to see how my Hawken rifle likes it, but instead decided to get 3 lbs of good-old GOEX. $15/lb for the GOEX. $22/lb for Scheutzen. The proprietor said they didn't expect to get in any Diamondback until much later in the winter (i.e., December).

buying from grafs comes out to around $13 per pound if you buy 10 pounds. (that includes shipping)

Back