• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

gotta love BP

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Defender

36 navy
Reaction score
Hi hope everyone is doing well. I have just retired and while looking for some projects (besides Honey do's) I came across an old 1983, CVA 1851 Navy Colt kit that I had put together but never fired. It had a very small amount of surface rust on a few places and besides that looked good to go. To be safe I took the pistol to a gun smith for cleaning and to see if it was fit to shoot. Looking forward to learning what I can from this site and really looking toward firing my ASM Navy replica.

Welcome from Missouri. I was born the year your revolver was made! Lots of good knowledge here to help you with it. Have fun shooting :thumb:
Justin, looks like you're not far from me. I'm in Ballwin but many years ago I managed a Taco Bell in House Springs. Before I can fire my Navy I need to find some percussion caps and before that I want to change out the stock nipples on my pistol.

Justin, looks like you're not far from me. I'm in Ballwin but many years ago I managed a Taco Bell in House Springs. Before I can fire my Navy I need to find some percussion caps and before that I want to change out the stock nipples on my pistol.
Wow! Yep I'm a frequent customer of that location Haha. Yeah we're close for sure. I have some caps and Goex powder to get you started if you need it, there's really nowhere locally to find any right now.

I'll send you a private message (called conversations on this forum)

welcome from southeastern Vermont. soon, you will become curious about flint, after which time, you will be getting all excited about sharp bits of rock. you friends will think you're nuts, but don't worry - they're the ones who don't "get it."

You want to jump ahead? I have 29 black powder guns. I'm nearing 90 years old. I might consider a wholesale deal ... almost all would be included :rolleyes: ;)😁 Polecat

Latest posts

Back