• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Got sucked in ... Again.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InTheSticks

Pilgrim
Reaction score
I was into muzzeloading in the late 70s until about 1990. Also have always loved Texas History. Life got busy, I started a family & I drifted into other things although kept a few replica guns. Don't thing any of them have been fired in 10 years at least.

My daugher's girl scout troop were in a reenactors event here locally last weekend and I had a blast talking to be participants.Both of my daughers like to shoot modern guns, so now I have been cleaning weapons and trying to find lost accessorys. I guess I will see if I can find some Goex this week and suspect I will soon be back in the fold.

Welcome to the MLF! Once BP is in your blood you never get rid of it. Pull up a stump and join us at the fire and share some tales with us.

Welcome back....if you ever left in the first place! I'll bet your girls would love to shoot some black powder guns too.

Thanks all, its good to be made so welcome. :hatsoff: As far as what I am shooting - Nothing but I will be soon.
What I have in the house is a Navy Arms Charleville, a T/C Hawken, a CVA brass frame 1860 revolver and a Armsport Kentucky pistol. Somewhere I also still have an unopened Traditions kit a friend gave me a few years ago. Don't think I forgot anything.

Texas history, plenty to work on there. I live in north texas, my great grandfather started a ranch north of Liberty Hill tx in the 1850's, my grand father moved by wagon to oklahoma a year after the land rush, my father was born in a dugout just west of stage stand oklahoma, he sold horses to the cavlery at fort sill oklahoma my father was involved in the burkburnett oil boom in the teens. Wont go any farther, find out all you can about your history for your children all the facts get lost very quickly, kids like to hear and it helps them value themselves plus its just fun to find out! I have a 12 year old daughter at home and she loves to shoot. Nice bunch of people here I' v already gained a lot just looking at the site. CHUCKR

Back