• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Got my barrel from Bobby Hoyt

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He quoted me $200 to reline a .54 and $150 to rebore to .58. Not unreasonable I thought.
A reline is definitely more costly,and 150 for a rebore is reasonable. That's why I thought $250 for a rebore does not sound right.He is the absolute best at what he does.

A reline is definitely more costly,and 150 for a rebore is reasonable. That's why I thought $250 for a rebore does not sound right.He is the absolute best at what he does.
I had BH rebore a renegade 54 to 58 cal. Sent him a bullet sample and to put what twist he thought would shoot the best. He made it a 1/32 twist. Haven’t shot it yet. Went deer hunting. He charged me $135 I sent him $150. Sent barrel back in October and got it back in 3 weeks

Is that price his going rate $250? Ouch, I know inflation is high but I could spend about $25-$50 more and buy a brand new barrel shipped. I was thinking about getting a barrel re-bored but don't know with that price I could just by some more honing tools re-hone it myself. But I would like to go to next larger caliber if feasible.

Back