• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Got any dumb statements by idiots?? (Muzzleloading shooting related)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
”If this were my range I wouldn’t allow you left-handed shooters use flintlocks. For your own protection…”

View attachment 226311
But I, like certain basketball players, happen to be amphibious. I can shoot both handed.
Hahahahaha!!!!!

Don't you mean amorphous, trakker ? SW
I use both hands and have usually made the joke that I am "semi-amphibious." A couple of months ago I had an accident that cut my left index finger requiring 6 stitches. I write, eat and bat a baseball left handed. Other activities can involve the right hand. I shoot with both hands but primarily the right.

Anyway the nurse that was stitching my finger asked me if I was left or right handed. I responded with the humorous, "I am semi-amphibious."

She didn't laugh. This nice lady probably thought I was an ignorant hay-seed needing work on his vocabulary. She was extremely gracious, didn't crack a smile and simply said, "OK."

Don't you mean amorphous, trakker ? SW
I think he means:
1686150676344.jpeg

🤣🤣

I, like a whole bunch of people, don’t interact with strangers at the range. Who knows what information they are trying to get from you to decide if you are worth robbing or not? I refer strangers to the NMLRA for advice.

That's where ranges differ here in UK. There are no strangers. In general, club ranges are not open to the public except when they are the guests of full members. People mistakenly driving into the club car park, believing it to be a nearby tree nursery and garden centre are soon made aware that although no trees or plants are sold there, a lot of shooting is going on for some reason they can't rightly figure out. They are politely shown the way out.

Last edited:
This thread was started concerning what things idiots have said to us along the way, not "why didn't you help the person"! Maybe you should start a new thread entitled " what things idiots said and then I helped them out to make myself feel good"!

Mr Smith, I can't help but note that you have a historical habit of shooting me down, making sarcastic remarks about my posts, belittling me - as far as you are able without being downright offensive - and, in general, making me far less of a friend than I might otherwise be.

As far as I know, we have never interacted negatively in person - I've never jogged your elbow while you were drinking, nor have I inadvertently sneezed over your dinner, so what is it that you just don't like?

I don't see anybody else being so negative to a long-time poster from another country as you are, so there must be some reason for it.

I'd like to know what it is, exactly, that sets your hair on fire as far as I'm concerned.

Mr Smith, I can't help but note that you have a historical habit of shooting me down, making sarcastic remarks about my posts, belittling me - as far as you are able without being downright offensive - and, in general, making me far less of a friend than I might otherwise be.

As far as I know, we have never interacted negatively in person - I've neverjogged your elbow while you were drinking, nor have I inadvertently sneezed over your dinner, so what is it that you just don't like?

I don't see anybody else being so negative to a long-time poster from another country as you are, so there must be some reason for it.

I'd like to know what it is, exactly, that sets your hair on fire as far as I'm concerned.
In case you don't know, there is a "ignore" option you can use to block seeing anything they say. If it gets to be too out of line, report him for harassment to a moderator. Iv'e had to do it a few times myself.

I, like a whole bunch of people, don’t interact with strangers at the range. Who knows what information they are trying to get from you to decide if you are worth robbing or not?
I enjoy interacting with strangers at the range. Like anywhere else, some of those strangers will reciprocate, and some will not. I don't make an issue of it if they don't and I respect their desire to be left alone. I certainly don't by default assume nefarious motives to them.

I think that socializing is one aspect of shooting that's a plus for me. There's a reason why two of the ranges I frequent have "clubhouses". We mostly just talk guns and shooting anyway. And often I can learn something from another shooter by having a conversation sparked by their firearm or their technique. And besides, after a friendly interaction, we're no longer strangers.

Frankly, I think a shooting range is one of the last places I'm going to come into contact with people who are out to do me harm. I don't know if that's true everywhere, but it is around here.

Last edited:
..... It pays to watch your back. Too many questions about my guns gets me suspicious.
True, though I think I can tell the difference between a real gun guy and an ATF snoop. A real gun guy is going to talk as much about his own guns as he asks about yours.

I'm not too worried about the guy that follows me home. I'll notice. I'm armed. I have a gun and a phone in every room. Also watchful neighbors that know who belongs in the neighborhood and who doesn't.

Last edited:
Why? Not my job to educate people. Nobody stepped forward to educated me when I was brand new. What I know, I taught myself, he couldve done the same
That attitude is why our shooting sports can be in peril. You lose nothing by helping out a new shooter. You might also make a friend for life out of that person. We are all ignorant of different things. Be part of the solution, not part of the problem.

Yup, that just one of the many things that makes our hobby and sport so popular among would-be beginners. They take a look around and see all these old crocks keeping things to themselves, and walk away....

[Sarcasm off button depressed]
It's sad that he has that attitude, it's a bit selfish. Fortunately, there are many more that are more open to discussion of the subject. I suspect he may not have many friends.

Latest posts

Back