• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Got any dumb statements by idiots?? (Muzzleloading shooting related)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charles Shackelford played pro basketball for 11 years, enjoying a solid six years in the NBA with New Jersey, Philadelphia, Minnesota and Chicago. He also played in Greece, Turkey and Italy. Prior to that, Shackelford was an all-Atlantic Coast Conference standout at North Carolina State.
Shackelford definitely had game — at least until it came to post-game interviews. He once explained to reporters that he was adept at using both hands.
“Left hand, right hand, it doesn’t matter,” Shackelford said. “I’m amphibious

Many thefts occur at shooting ranges. Or they will follow you home . It pays to watch your back. Too many questions about my guns gets me suspicious.
Indeed. I'm to the point that I have been putting off going to the not so nearby public range unless I have someone watching my stuff while I go check the target.

Mr Smith, I can't help but note that you have a historical habit of shooting me down, making sarcastic remarks about my posts, belittling me - as far as you are able without being downright offensive - and, in general, making me far less of a friend than I might otherwise be.

As far as I know, we have never interacted negatively in person - I've never jogged your elbow while you were drinking, nor have I inadvertently sneezed over your dinner, so what is it that you just don't like?

I don't see anybody else being so negative to a long-time poster from another country as you are, so there must be some reason for it.

I'd like to know what it is, exactly, that sets your hair on fire as far as I'm concerned.
You took a thread that started concerning things idiots have said on the range, then turned my response around to insult me simply because I chose not to educate the clod I mentioned. Funny, before that I don't recall even commenting to one of yours, at least as far as this thread is concerned. Yet I'm the pain in the arse!

I say what I think and respond to people as I'm responded to. If someone insults me, I give it back, simple as that. Easy advice, don't insult people and in turn they won't insult you. That's not hard to figure out is it? Or am I being a PITA again?

You took a thread that started concerning things idiots have said on the range, then turned my response around to insult me simply because I chose not to educate the clod I mentioned. Funny, before that I don't recall even commenting to one of yours, at least as far as this thread is concerned. Yet I'm the pain in the arse!

I say what I think and respond to people as I'm responded to. If someone insults me, I give it back, simple as that. Easy advice, don't insult people and in turn they won't insult you. That's not hard to figure out is it? Or am I being a PITA again?
A soft hand is better than a bitter heart and tongue.

Crypt Keeper.jpg

Not a dumb question but my son purchased a 44 cal Pietta black powder at a gun show Saturday and the seller said he had bullets and caps for it the caps were #11 so I swapped him some #10 for the #11 the bullets were 440 round balls so I had to give him some 452 so he could start shooting lt Saturday the seller had no idea it was all wrong

Not to say some folks are idiots at all. More like uninformed. Here's some of the funniest ones I have heard.

"A peep sight is no good for hunting".

"Peep sights do not let in enough light to get a clear sight picture".

And my favorite one is "Using a trail cam is not real hunting, you need to learn how to scout".

Last edited:
Our Club shares 50 acres with a Pistol Club. We don't get along.
After someone put a hole through the wall of one of their sheds, their President accused our members because... wait for it....... "you guys shoot ROUND ball". Apparently modern pistols don't make a ROUND hole. 🤔

I had a young guy tell me once that dripping water into a hot Casting pot is not dangerous because he saw it on Myth Busters. He also said "you can put your hand into the molten lead, it doesn't hurt".
So I said, "do it and let me know how you got on". 🤣😂

Not really an idiot, but still funny ...

"Silk patch ... gives me an additional 20-yards." - Hawkeye, in The Last of the Mohicans.

FOUND IT ... yay!!! .... for if you LOVE that movie, as I do, here's a side-by-side analysis of:
  • What Michael Mann, the Director, wanted the scene to be like, regardless of what James Fenimore Cooper wrote, versus
  • What Mark Baker, the technical advisor (and he starred in a few scenes) advised that they do, versus
  • What was finally filmed ...
It is a hoot to read! Mark even trained Daniel Day Lewis in shooting, markmanship and loading a MZL on the run.

Link = THE SCRIPT & THE MATTER OF HISTORICAL ACCURACY
I know Mark Baker, use to supply him with edibles for the articles he wrote in Muzzleloader. He told me he thought he was to train Daniel Day Lewis how to run through the woods (turns out Lewis is a long distance runner having to wait for Mark to catchup). Lewis turns out to know more than what Mark was told, shooting and outdoor skills, just muzzleloaders and a few skills he needed knowledge on. Some of these actors are more on the ball than given credit for ...

You're asking about dumb replies: We were on a period (1800) canoe trip on the Missouri River and ran out of drinking water. Stopped at a resident on the river and got filled back up with clean water.

I asked about getting to a smaller waterway not wanting to get on the Mississippi River and received this reply for directions: "Can't get there from here"?

Latest posts

Back