• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Good place to look for Used smoothbore flintlocks

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enfield249

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hey! I am a new member here, and I am looking for some good place to find a used flintlock smooth bore. I am getting into F&IW reenacting, and starting to price gear. My unit allows 2nd Model Brown Bess's, but I would be fine with a fowler too. I've already seen TOTW and Clay Smith's site, which I check regularly. ArmsList seems to be short on traditional MLs as does GunBroker and Auction Arms. Thanks for your help.

You about got'm covered, it's just a matter of waiting.
Local pawn shops,
Guns shows,
Keep an eye on ebay too, they can't sell complete guns but folks will remove the trigger or lock hammer and it's then legal to sell.

IIRC the site moderator doesn't like links posted here but, um, try googling on "Frontier Folk reenactor"....

..and I'd guess "muzzle loading rifle association" etc and then check the classifieds on those and related sites (including here) regularly.

I'd guess a good used smoothie appears among those sites about every six months, ya just gotta check regularly. Be sure to know what LOP (length of pull - distance between buttplate and trigger) fits you, this is critical.

Birdwatcher

what ever you do, stay away from india made guns. the prices new are the same as a used quality made one. keep and eye open here and check frontier folks and muzzleloading on the cheap.

The Kalamazoo Living History Show March 19-20, 2016 will have lots of choices. The best way to find a less expensive gun is to find one at a show or a living history event. The NMLRA Spring Shoot at Friendship in June of 2016 is a good place to find bargains laying on traders blankets during the first weekend.

Latest posts

Back