• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Good Morning.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

early cuyler

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hey all. Im a new muzzle loading addict. I was invited to go out and shoot some old time assault rifles. It was two brown Bess muskets from two different makers and a northwest trade gun. I am now saving up for my own Northwest trade gun. Not to big into the historical aspect, just like shooting.

Welcome enjoy the forum and you might find yourself wanting to learn more about the historical aspect of muzzleloading. If not your still in the best spot to learn about shooting the way it's supposed to be done.

Pleas forgive me, that sounded bad. I do appreciate the history, I just dont do reenactments like the guys who took me shooting. They are pretty dedicated. I liked the smoke and action that takes place when you pull the trigger. Shhekaw - boom. Nothing like it, and more fulfilling then the blat, blat, blat of mt AR-15. And the guns I handled felt nicer and handled better then any primo shot gun out there. Cant wait to get my own.

Na, I just understand how dedicated some folks are to living history and that seems to be a big part of what the board deals with. I wanted to make sure I did not offend anyone.

I think that you'll enjoy "making smoke". The fact that you can enjoy slow placed leisurely shooting all day long for very little expense is a real draw to me. You'll also learn more about the importance of follow through which will make you a better shootor too in my opinion. This forum is a great place to mine information and bounce ideas off of others.

Back