• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Goex, back in business

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was gifted several cans of Vintage metal can Goex a few years ago that I am not even close to using up yet but that did not stop me from buying a case of Olde Eynsford when I needed to make the drive to pick up some parts for a gun a few years ago. Then I have a small bore that prefers 3F Swiss so bought a few pounds. Then I owned a CVA squirrel in flint that I ended up selling but I keep a couple pounds of 4F and Swiss Null B cause I am having a flinter built. Hoarder or well supplied dont really care what you call me but I can shoot what and when I want and I am still south of 70-80 years old. But I did and still do learn a lot from folks that are that age group. And I happily share all that I have if another shooter is in need.

Can't wait to see that guy at our local gun show selling plastic bottles of GOEX for $50/lb. and telling every who complains "They dont make this stuff anymore" - I got some news for ya buddy!!
Besides the fact that ALL his ammo was grossly Overpriced...which is why I bought my GOEX from the old guy in the corner for $25/lb. and my other from a guy at the next table for $35/box of 50 (still over price as it was $19 for 50 before the Virus...but still better the $80 for 50 the con guy wanted!)
How are people selling black powder at gun shows at all? To sell black powder in the USA, one must have an explosives license.

I see it for sale at every gunshow I am at. Its all fun and games till someone gets caught doing it. I see plenty at these shows but have never bought any of it and will never.

Define hoarder.
A hoarder* is
1) a person who stocked up on scarce products before they become scarce, that you now want, but can't get;
2) also a person who buys scarce products at prices you are/unwilling to pay (similar to a gouger - one who charges more for scarce products than you are willing to pay).
*SCARASM* Labeled for your protections

Last edited:
How do the sell Triple Seven, Smokeless, Ammo, Large Capacity Mags, and.......FIREARMS 😯???

I think that is why they call it a "Gun Show"...just guessing
Triple Seven, Smokeless Powder, Ammo, large capacity mags, and firearms do NOT require an Explosives license to sell (and store).

Triple Seven, Smokeless Powder, Ammo, large capacity mags, and firearms do NOT require an Explosives license to sell (and store).
Well; say you order 50lbs of black, you think you are going to split it between five friends....BUT...You ordered it, You signed the bill, it arrived at Your house with Your name on it....Do YOU have an explosive license to to 'sell' it to your friends and to 'store' it untill they come to get it?

Or; you go to an event with Four lbs of black. Someone there has none (our just a shot two worth).
Can You 'sell' him a pound if you dont have an explosive license?

One last point: where I live I am not required a license to 'store' 50 lbs or less - over 50, yes

Last edited:
A hoarder is
1) a person who stocked on scarce products before they become scarce, that you now want, but can't get;
2) also a person who buys scarce products at prices you are/unwilling to pay (similar to a gouger - one who charges more for scarce products than you are willing to pay).
How much product does a hoarder have to buy before it became scarce to qualify?

A real hoarder would never consider selling.

Well; say you order 50lbs of black, you think you are going to split it between five friends....BUT...You ordered it, You signed the bill, it arrived at Your house with Your name on it....Do YOU have an explosive license to to 'sell' it to your friends and to 'store' it untill they come to get it?

Or; you go to an event with Four lbs of black. Someone there has none (our just a shot two worth).
You can do anything you want. You can sell guns to minors, sell black powder at gun shows, rob banks, etc.

If one sells black powder one is required by federal law to have an explosive license. I have seen no exceptions for buying and selling BP to friends.

One last point: where I live I am not required a license to 'store' 50 lbs or less - over 50, yes

Those cases above are illegal, you cannot sell black powder without an explosives license. You can however collect money from your friends before ordering and divide the powder up after it arrives (a group buy). Of course one can always give the powder away but taking anything in trade would probably be regarded as a sale by the ATF as they have no sense of humor. Personally if I hosted a group buy (never have, never will) I might hang on to the the powder for an individual for a week or two but would never store it for them.

Those cases above are illegal, you cannot sell black powder without an explosives license. You can however collect money from your friends before ordering and divide the powder up after it arrives (a group buy). Of course one can always give the powder away but taking anything in trade would probably be regarded as a sale by the ATF as they have no sense of humor. Personally if I hosted a group buy (never have, never will) I might hang on to the the powder for an individual for a week or two but would never store it for them.
If you "hold onto it for a week or two" then you are Storing It for a week or two.

Ya'll like to split hairs a lot around here and point fingers at each other for some of the silliest stuff.

Back