• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Goex, back in business

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I probably could be defined as a semi-hoarder because I hope to someday use all the powder and caps I buy.....

I look at it this way.....powderinc and other places are in business to make profit by selling powder and caps world wide

If they don't get my $$ they'll get someone else's. If you snooze you lose

BP shooting is a hobby, none of us "needs" bp, caps, etc. We WANT it

As far as "needs", yes we need 12 gauge ammo , .357, .45 etc. To hunt or defend ourselves and property

We don't need .50 round balls, or musket caps. . It's just that we're so used to having easy access to this stuff that we feel like it's a need.

I probably could be defined as a semi-hoarder because I hope to someday use all the powder and caps I buy.....

I look at it this way.....powderinc and other places are in business to make profit by selling powder and caps world wide

If they don't get my $$ they'll get someone else's. If you snooze you lose

BP shooting is a hobby, none of us "needs" bp, caps, etc. We WANT it

As far as "needs", yes we need 12 gauge ammo , .357, .45 etc. To hunt or defend ourselves and property

We don't need .50 round balls, or musket caps. . It's just that we're so used to having easy access to this stuff that we feel like it's a need.a
and that's the point. There is no such thing as a hoarder when it comes to how one chooses to spend his or her $$.

In the same sense, there is no such thing as a gouger. If one doesn't like the price, don't buy it.

I will be sure at the next gun show to make them show me their 'explosive license' before I buy from then again; will that allow you to sleep well at night? Or should I have them give me a copy so I can e-mail it to you? I really don't want you stressing out over this, it's not good for your health...
I don't give a flip what you do or don't do. Knock yourself out; buy all the explosives you want.

WoW! And i thought this was a new thread to announce an early reopening.
Still “ hoarding “ my last three cans of goex 2f but the 3f is gone and had to switch to schutzen.

Black powder weapons are not good combat weapons against AR and semi auto weapons. Where they are important is sustaining life AFTER a major catastrophic event that may not be corrected for years. In such a case they can provide food for the family. In your hoarding, don’t forget matches, water, dried foods, etc. and don’t forget to pray.

If you "hold onto it for a week or two" then you are Storing It for a week or two.

Ya'll like to split hairs a lot around here and point fingers at each other for some of the silliest stuff.
Yep.

Black powder weapons are not good combat weapons against AR and semi auto weapons. Where they are important is sustaining life AFTER a major catastrophic event that may not be corrected for years. In such a case they can provide food for the family. In your hoarding, don’t forget matches, water, dried foods, etc. and don’t forget to pray.

So you think folks who have AR and semi auto weapons do not stock pile or hoard ammo?

Where have you been the last 20 years or so?

Good grief the hoops people have to jump through. If I have powder and you need some, just ask, I’ll spot you a day on the range. If you’re a friend I’ll give you a pound. You can do something for me another day. Just don’t abuse my friendship and this can go on forever. Or as long as I’m alive. I try to associate with men (and women) of good cheer.

@Dale Allen Raby you’re in a different boat all together. I hope you have friends who take care of yourself…
Well.... I try not to overburden friends too much, and a few of 'em will praise my hording tendencies as they will likely be asked to "clean out" my reloading room, the attic, and the wall of muzzle-loaders in the library room.... not to mention all the books in said library, after I have croaked.

Well.... I try not to overburden friends too much, and a few of 'em will praise my hording tendencies as they will likely be asked to "clean out" my reloading room, the attic, and the wall of muzzle-loaders in the library room.... not to mention all the books in said library, after I have croaked.
I hear that... I'm in good health but 76 so... I'm not buying green bananas anymore and I notice the vultures, er, ahem... "friends" dropping broad hints with the Missus... sounds like you have a few good friends. they are the treasure.

Call me anything or name you desire. Years ago now, When I saw conventional ammo tighten up, I thought, “hmm, bet that’ll affect BP supplies also!” So, I called my preferred BP Powder dealer and ordered 10 lbs of BP and 1G caps. I have sold to friends at shoots powder and caps, if I had extra. Call it what you want, for me it’s a necessity for a sport that in these difficult times keeps me grounded and in touch with people I like, a lot!

Call me anything or name you desire. Years ago now, When I saw conventional ammo tighten up, I thought, “hmm, bet that’ll affect BP supplies also!” So, I called my preferred BP Powder dealer and ordered 10 lbs of BP and 1G caps. I have sold to friends at shoots powder and caps, if I had extra. Call it what you want, for me it’s a necessity for a sport that in these difficult times keeps me grounded and in touch with people I like, a lot!
OMG! You Sold powder and caps to a friend Without an 'explosive license'?!?
Shame On You, Shame, Shame, Shame!

...and, yup, when I began saying all this Anti 2nd garbage would eventually turn on muzzleloaders and antiques I was yelled at, called a conspiracy nut, and a paranoid fool.....oh look at that; at least two current Bill's are specifying "Antiques" and muzzleloaders.

....gotta go now, my tinfoil hat needs another layer!

Good grief the hoops people have to jump through. If I have powder and you need some, just ask, I’ll spot you a day on the range. If you’re a friend I’ll give you a pound. You can do something for me another day. Just don’t abuse my friendship and this can go on forever. Or as long as I’m alive. I try to associate with men (and women) of good cheer.

@Dale Allen Raby you’re in a different boat all together. I hope you have friends who take care of yourself…
I must be a gullible sott. I have always just 'assumed' that was the way the world works, and anything less is not acceptable or to be tolerated.

So you think folks who have AR and semi auto weapons do not stock pile or hoard ammo?

Where have you been the last 20 years or so?
In all reality, an ammo can full of 5.56 is probably a lifetime supply after a "catastrophe" because either you'll fire 1 or 2 rounds here and there to hunt, or defend yourself, or you're going to be mag dumping in an effort to take as many of the people who are rushing into your house to take everything you've hoarded with you to the afterlife as you can. Once the "masses" know you have food and resources, it's pretty much game over for you unless you happen to be in a very remote area that you can defend and make distance your friend until they learn to go somewhere else.

Your best bet is to hide what you got and be another malnourished "grey man" with nothing.

50lb sealed and waterproofed bags of Quick Oats and sealed tubs of peanut butter hidden all over are worth more than 500lb of black powder. I can't eat Goex, or ammunition.

I've said it before and caught heat but you're better off with a little pocket pistol that you can carry or stash somewhere. You want to look as innocuous as possible.

I was talking with the Goex distributor I buy the usual 2 or 3 cases of powder from every year, He told me that he expects a shipment in February or March.
WoW! And i thought this was a new thread to announce an early reopening.
Still “ hoarding “ my last three cans of goex 2f but the 3f is gone and had to switch to schutzen.

Latest posts

Back