• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Glad to be here.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello from Darby, Montana. I’m Jim Seaman and at 75 years of age, just getting into flintlocks. I own both smoothbore and rifle and look forward to getting educated on both. I feel this forum will serve me well. Thank you all in advance.
Hi Jim, I am also making the transition from cap locks to flintlocks. I live over in Billings. Welcome!

Hello from Darby, Montana. I’m Jim Seaman and at 75 years of age, just getting into flintlocks. I own both smoothbore and rifle and look forward to getting educated on both. I feel this forum will serve me well. Thank you all in advance.
Well hello Jim and welcome from the coast of Maine! You have chosen well! I'm a fairly new member myself (at age 76) and I can attest to the fact that this is a great band of people from many walks of life (and many stages of life also). They bring a sense of humor along with their knowledge. So, once again, WELCOME!

Hi Jim. Welcome from Marinduque Island, Philippines. I at 67 years old have been considering a smooth bore Flintlock to use here for snakes. We have King Cobras, Philippine Cobras, Green Vipers, and Pythons. The house we are building is in he Interior, and the trees here are full of them. They drop down onto the garage, and 2nd floor pad of the house from the trees. Gun laws here are very restrictive. Can only have a shotgun or a pistol. No rifles period. Must have a permit for anything. No consideration for antiques, even matchlocks. However, The pythons, and Cobras are good eating. The green vipers are only good for chopping up and feeding the dog. It would be so much easier to shoot them instead of beating them to death with a piece of re-bar. I would really prefer percussion, but Wow, you think it is hard to find caps in the USA, here it is almost impossible. So a Flintlock is my best option.
Good grief, you have quite a dilemma. I’ve heard that many other countries are very restrictive on firearms. Yes, it sounds like a flintlock smoothbore is your best option. Let me know how it works out for you. Take care and thanks for the welcome.

Latest posts

Back