• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Glad to be here

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm moving to Alaska this spring. I have been muzzel loading since T/C first came out with the Renegade. I am not a collector or historian but a hunter. I like the large caliber smooth bores and load with light loads of shot for small game and ball for the deer and caribou. I am interested in a flintlock posted on this site but can't even contact the guy until I have 5 posts so please ask me some questions. I'm 71 now still traveling the hills and looking forward to my boat in Southeast and my cabin where I can get out and make some smoke. Glad I found you.

As a "newbie" to this forum myself, I am glad you have found this particular forum and I have to welcome you personally.
I have learned quite a bit here within the past 3 weeks, by searching and feedback on my most recent build, so do not be afraid to ask for opinions or post questions.
Being far from a historic recreator myself, the people on here are more much than a resource, they are all good intentioned individuals that are more than willing to help a neighbor.

The last time I shot a black powder rifle was back in 1980 or so, and many of these guys literally live and breathe it daily, as I am planning to do in the near future, so take what you are given, and use what you need.
Glad to have fellow enthusiast onboard looking to the fellowship to help him out!

I call it a "fellowship" because we all have special abilities.... some are modern, others are historical, and within that area of "fellowship" we all can find a mid ground to grow from....

You can also just welcome new members on here, like I am doing. Welcome, you will learn a lot here. SmokepoleSam

I'm new to the forum as well. Welcome. I'm also glad to be here (in more ways than one). You got about 6 years on me. Don't let me catch up!
Great forum here. Learning tons of good info (the easy way)!

Welcome to our forum my friend. We are honored to have ya aboard!

Many of our members have decades of knowledge and experience. They’d be more than happy to answer any questions that you may have?

We look forward to hearing more from you in the very near future my friend.

Respectfully, Cowboy

Welcome to the madness. Where in Alaska are you going to be? I have a brother near Anchorage.
I'm going up in my boat in June. I will probably keep her at Hookah. I have a hand troll permit and a few friends who are salmon fisherman. Once there I'm going to buy or build a cabin where decent game prospects are nearby. My days of hard days long hunting excursions are over but I enjoy the outdoors and the commoradery of like minded folks. At this point I have no idea exactly where that may be but I will enjoy the search as much as the find I'm sure.

I'm going up in my boat in June. I will probably keep her at Hoonah. I have a hand troll permit and a few friends who are salmon fisherman. Once there I'm going to buy or build a cabin where decent game prospects are nearby. My days of hard days long hunting excursions are over but I enjoy the outdoors and the commoradery of like minded folks. At this point I have no idea exactly where that may be but I will enjoy the search as much as the find I'm sure.

Latest posts

Back