• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Gibbs good shots

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if you want me to send you some of these felt wads and fiber wads, all you have to do is give me your mailing address and I will send you some.

be happy to do it.

If I ever get to your village, you can buy me a beer, or glass of wine in exchange.

Fleener

I thank you, the fiber wads like your there i myself, i had bought long ago by midway.
I have to understand that the lubricant is best for wads wool, i have a hat that does not use and the thickness is about 0,23 inch

The wool wads you can buy with lube already on or without any lube. The ones I have came pre lubed so I did not have to worry about lubing them.

Send me a private email with your mailing address and I will mail you some. [email protected]

fleener

I sent you the wads today. You should get them in 10 days or so.

good luck

Fleener

After a year of pause i made other experiments.
This resulted in 110 yards of slightly lubricated paper with shoe fat
image-20170509165708-D1A1_5911DD9B.jpg

Sir, can you please reduce the size of your image - it comes out at almost two metres wide on my poor 24" screen......

tac

I do not understand why it came so great, I made it with the smartphone and in another forum is normal. Tomorrow I try to resize. :surrender:

It looks large because it is 1932 pixels wide and 2576 pixels tall.

The best size for the forum is a picture that is about 900 pixels wide.

With the big push towards making digital cameras and cell phones that take sharp pictures there has been a push to add pixels to the image.

While that's fine for making photo copies and for letting the user crop the pictures so they only show small parts of it, if the picture is left unmodified it is, simply put, too large for directly posting it on our forum.

you got the wads I sent you?

I think I sent you wool and card wads?

trying using a card wad, then a wool wad on top of it. no lube on your bullet.

Do a wet patch then a dry patch between shots.

Lets see if we can get that group to shrink.

Fleener

fleener said:
you got the wads I sent you?
I think I sent you wool and card wads?
trying using a card wad, then a wool wad on top of it. no lube on your bullet.
Do a wet patch then a dry patch between shots.
Lets see if we can get that group to shrink.
Fleener

Hello,
I still have your lubricated wads and I've also made it with an old felt hat.
Cleaning is very easy, but I had a lot of problems doing good groupings with my bundles, maybe I put too much lubricant, I did not see where the shots went, until I saw one that came completely across, a nice hole Lock
Next time I try the ones you gave me with the same charge.
I suspect that the barrel has been consumed, I can no longer get good results even with GGs and once charged

Just wanted to thank you for this thread.

I have a Lyman Great Plains Hunter in .50cal and was trying to get the groups tighter. Mostly .492 450gn PP bullets.

Tried lubed felt wads, then veggie card wads. I could get groups in the 3" range. Then I saw Ed's post and tried the veggie wad and lubed felt wad. Now I am down to 2" groups. Hope to improve on that with my shooting technique (and old eyes :) ).

It is pleasing to know that the tips and experiences shared on the web can be useful to other brothers :wink:

Hello everyone,
This weekend I participated in a wine race in my country and I tested 100 and 200 meters with my Gibbs.
At 100 meters after two shots I realize I have four and at that moment I hear the bang on my left and pierce my target.
Here I got very angry and screamed at the competitor who was firing at my target, he had also shot badly, one low and two high :cursing:
I continued with my session, the shots went slightly to the left (I did not understand why, the last time at the shooting range all went in the center) I did not touch the drift to the diopter.
Convinced of having to shoot 15 shots like 200 meters, they took me two 10.
That Saturday I was 1st, but on Sunday I relegated to 2nd place.
ejd83q.jpg

Then I made the series to 200, after a first shot at 12 o'clock on the edge of the black, I started to turn around 9 and a few 8, wow, the 9 today was my passion :doh:
And here I was 1st and won the race :grin:
2j316pl.jpg

Then with the tickling of the index finger but with the doubts of all competitors on the feasibility, even shoot at 500 meters, the first two shots I did not see them and I thought they were at the foot of the shape on the ground, corrected the rise and I made 2 more , I imagined, perhaps for the enthusiasm to see one at 10 o'clock and no longer touched the diopter.
Shoot and shoot .... but honestly the holes were not even seen with a 60x zeiss.
But when the sign arrived I was satisfied more than the previous results.
2ni6z3n.jpg

Good for you!

Can you explain a little a about what a wine race is?

Fleener

Excuse me, it's not good English.
I meant a shooting contest.
I shot with the Gibbs val .451, bullets pure lead GG from 553 gn made with mold Brooks.
Usual dose of 65 gn of Swiss 2F
Diopter adjustment at 100 mt. 0.24 inch, 200 mt. 0.48 inch, at 500 mt. 1.10 inch

Maybe a wine race is what is done after the competition is over and the scores are all tallied up?

After the winner is declared, everyone races to the winery and pops the corks out of the bottles for a tall glass of vino. :grin: :grin:

Back