• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Fun with a blanket gun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randyt

32 Cal
Reaction score
I recently picked up a Northstar blanket gun from Rob M. Rob is great to deal with, gun as described and he is a fast shipper.

I picked this up for having fun. It's been fun. I may someday put it back together with longarm stock and barrel . In the meantime I'll enjoy it as is.

Attachments

• 20240211_101832.jpg
    20240211_101832.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 10
That one looks like a fun gun!

I would agree, North Star built some good locks. I have a North Star Northwest gun that works like a champ. It is easily as reliable (and fast) as a percussion.

Notchy Bob
Oh yeah !! Its a dandy lock , sparked SO well . They made great locks . Wish I could buy such locks now for my N.W. guns ...

I liked the short barreled northwest guns that Northstar had. I believe they were the blanket gun barrel in a full length stock. They looked handy to me, and fun to carry and shoot.

Is it me? or does it look like some powder gonna spill out of that pan?.

Probably just the angle of light. I built a couple hundred guns for NSW, all had well fit frizzens.
No, that pan is Definitely open. Maybe a little bit of oiling or a slight turnback on the Frizzon screw

I see what you are talking about. I would need to hear from Rob on that. He specializes in trade guns, I couldn't imagine him letting one out of the shop like that. I worked with enough NSW locks, I really doubt there is a gap. I suspect the lock may be over tightened, allowing interference of the frizzen with the barrel.

He was commenting on your photo, where the frizzen isn't completely closed.
I know but when I looked at it in my gunrack It is tight so I'm thinking there might have been some debis holding the frizzen up a bit in the original photo. The photo I posted in this thread

Latest posts

Back