Fun on the farm

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Magungo1066

45 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Very excited! I will be visiting my family farm in South Carolina in a few weeks. Living up in Connecticut, I don't have any personal land of my own. I am so excited to have some time to walk/shoot around my farm. I haven't been since getting my rifle or fowler. Rabbits beware! Who else has their own personal land to shoot on? Hopefully I will run into some feral hogs with the .54...

ohio ramrod

75 Cal.
Reaction score
When I was in college we ate a lot of rabbits from the park across the road from out rooming house, harvested with a crossman .177 cal pellet rifle. Quite and effective.

mushka

36 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Crisco, that is a nice old Benjamin. I have two benjamins , both 5mm. Both were given to me over time, they are fine pellet guns.

SOLANCO

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve got a 25 acre woods, I enjoy it! I have paths made through it and plan to make more this spring.
Log off one or two good clearings. A mature forest is a bit of a desert. The edges of clearings provide more food choices for birds and animals and a place to feed with cover nearby.
Love to hunt pipe and power line rights of way through woods.

S.Kenton

58 Cal.
Reaction score
Log off one or two good clearings. A mature forest is a bit of a desert. The edges of clearings provide more food choices for birds and animals and a place to feed with cover nearby.
Love to hunt pipe and power line rights of way through woods.
I have a 500 yard pipeline... believe me, I know quite a bit about logging out a woods and managing it. My woods is connected to a 40 acre woods, together me and the other owner micro manage our deer properties. Food plots, bedding areas, cut some trees down to let light in, I will never ever let another logger into my woods... ever again. The last time was disasterous.

Reaction score
I have a 500 yard pipeline... believe me, I know quite a bit about logging out a woods and managing it. My woods is connected to a 40 acre woods, together me and the other owner micro manage our deer properties. Food plots, bedding areas, cut some trees down to let light in, I will never ever let another logger into my woods... ever again. The last time was disasterous.
I had issues with a tree trimmer, I could imagine the issues you had with a logger.

andy52

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I have 70 acers that is that is only about 1 1/2 miles from my house. The property is unimproved short of a couple of building I store my tractor and implements in.
no running water or electricity. I just offered a local a local muzzleloader club the opportunity to host a rendezvous on the place this fall if the covid thing has calmed down by then. I already have a full range setup on the place and plenty of room for a shoot and a very large encampment.

Latest posts