• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Friendship Bound

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe one day before I die, I would like to go an bring a bunch of money and visit traders row.

Friendship, Indiana. Home of the National Muzzle Loading Rifle Association. They have 2 big shoots every year, one in June and one in September.
Plus a bunch of smaller shoots thru out the year.

If you are into muzzleloading it's worth going at least once. They have some of everything. Check it out on nmlra.org

I'm leaving as soon as I get a shower. :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
armakiller said:
Maybe one day before I die, I would like to go an bring a bunch of money and visit traders row.

You and me both. I`ve been wanting to get down there for a long time now and have never made it yet. Seems like every good event in the muzzleloading world takes place in May/June or September/October. In my line of work those are the busiest times of year and it`s just about impossible to get away and do anything :cursing:

Well i went saturday morning and waited in line for 2 hours trying to find a parking spot and decided to go today. Then at 11:30 last night we got a call that my grandfather had passed away so i didn't get to go to the shoot this year.

It seems like they would figure out some better parking and organize the parking guys so they all know whats going on at other lots.

What time did you get there ? Saturday we parked in to different lots with no problems at all. :idunno:

We got to the first parking lot at 12:30 and were told to go to the next and the next...and the next. Finally we were told we either had to park outside of town or head back.

We were going to go before churches let out on sunday but had to leave early because of my grandpa.

I'm very sorry about your Grandfathers passing. I have found that on the first weekend of the shoots, that it helps to come early, and stay late. Traffic in the middle of the day can be brutal.

I'm sorry to hear about our Grandfather passing as well. As Steve said it's best to get there early on the first week end.

Well I made it this year for a few hours on Saturday and it is a nice area, trader's row was kind of dead, always thought the place would be packed, someone said it is during the spring shoot, but wasn't this time, maybe the first weekend of the fall shoot it was but the second weekend it wasn't. I do plan on going back next year.

It's better on the 1st week end for sure. I do believe there is a larger crowd at the Spring shoot

Well I did make it to Friendship this year, and wish I would have made it in the spring, but will next year. The bug bit me again and am trying to get an outfit together. It was slow and not busy at all when I was there, but still nice to get out and about, spent a few hours there looking around and plan on going back...

Hey I herd there was alot of muzzleloader kits and guns them selfs for trade or sale there I would love to go just once so I can see what they got my dad went out with a friend of his a long time ago but I ant been

It's not that long of a drive from Felicity. I'm in Georgetown which is less than 85 miles away from Friendship.

Yea I just never have the money to go out there with the job I have now well hope to maybe go out this spring if I can save some money up by then

I would just be looking to buy a gun or kit and some other stuff there I love muzzleloading but don't have any flintlocks or procusions anymore just newer muzzleloaders well wondering how much a good kit or just a full gun would cost out there

Rifle in the "white" from Tip Curtis will run around $1,000 or so.

I went in the Fall and was disappointed with Trade's Row, not as many folks as I imagined. From what I hear the numbers of Traders is down from the 70s. It still beat staying home.

Shopping there is like shopping TOW.

Everyone should go once.

Back