• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Friend needs help ID'ing this percussion target rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My friend at work sent me these pics because I'm the "old gun guy", but I am really more into military muskets and rifle-muskets so I have no idea what this is. It "feels" Belgian or French to me

He's not looking to sell it , his dad passed and they found this in his stuff. He just wants to know more about it

received_1315518539301696.jpeg

received_857622939267803.jpeg

received_879166953227672.jpeg

received_710785527106155.jpeg

I figured the wealth of collective knowledge here would know something plus we all enjoy playing "identify that gun" 😀

Could use more and better pics. Interesting rifle though. Back action lock. What makes you call it a "target rifle"?
There are obvious mounts for a tang sight, even possibly a new mount put over an old mount

Plus the back action lock, and the length of the barrel seem more like a rifle that would be used by a match shooter, and not carried in the field

I don't have possession of it, my friend said he'll give it to me to look at to get a better idea but that may be a while

My friend at work sent me these pics because I'm the "old gun guy", but I am really more into military muskets and rifle-muskets so I have no idea what this is. It "feels" Belgian or French to me

He's not looking to sell it , his dad passed and they found this in his stuff. He just wants to know more about it

View attachment 186982

View attachment 186983

View attachment 186984

View attachment 186985

I figured the wealth of collective knowledge here would know something plus we all enjoy playing "identify that gun" 😀
Looks very like an' economy 'probably Belgium shot gun needing restoration . from what I can see . Rudyard

Back