• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

fried green tomatos

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I slice about 3/8" thick and dredge in 50/50 mixture of instant buttermilk pancake mix and corn flour with seasoning mixed in.
then fry in about 1/4" of hot grease. good with rice and venison skewers cooked over fire. :thumbsup:

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssss.

I put a dab of seasoned salt and cayenne pepper in my dredge. Otherwise, that's good eatin there.

Slice them salt them cover in corn meal (like you would a fish)fry in hot oil and eat with anything.
Good eatin.

covered in cornmeal and fried with onions and some garlic................my mom used to cook up some meam green tomatoes :wink:

Personally I use bread crumbs for my final
coating. I slice mine at a 1/2 give or take.
Salt and pepper the slices and set aside.I then
prepare 3 plates. Flour plate,scrambbled egg
plate and bread crumb plate.I usually add some
garlic and a bit more pepper to the bread crumbs.
Take slices coat with flour,then coat with egg
wash and finally into the seasoned bread crumbs.
I then set them aside for maybe 30minutes,prior
to frying in oil.(That is the way my mother did it)
This don't exactly come under frying but green
tomatoes are also great on the grill when basted
with Italian dressing. :hmm:
snake-eyes :)

Call me a heretic but I don't like them. I have made them in the past according to a recipe and for some reason , just can't warm up to them. I had a couple slices and that was it.

bigbore,
Friend, you are no heritic and I can
certainly understand that you just don't care
for them. There is a fried thing that I am not real fond of,and that is eggplant.....But I will
slice,fry and eat one every year because it reminds me of my mother!(She loved it)
I also eat bread and milk every so often because
that was my fathers favorite breakfast.Sometimes
your taste buds will bring back memories,that
your brain needs to be reminded of :hmm:.
Does this occur with anyone else????
snake-eyes :)

my mom was a very good baker, her cornbread and biscuits were exceptional. we had chickens and milk cow so we had buttermilk and eggs for her breads.
when we had hog sausage (didn't keep hogs but my G-dad did) we had sausage-gravy biscuits for breakfast - and sometimes the gravy was tomato gravy, a recipe mom picked up from her brothers Pennsylvania Yankee wife.
I can litterally taste the gravy biscuits she made from memory.

Eggplant is one of my favorite foods. Whenever Mary and I eat in town, my usual meal is eggplant parmesan with ziti. Lots of hot pepper and cheese all over. :thumbsup:

eggplant pamigiana is about my fav Italian dish with ziti which is one of my fav pasta. I don't care for spaghetti or lasagna, just the tube pasta or shells. or rigati.

Well, when it comes to Italian food my favorite
is chicken cacciatore and then ravioli....
snake-eyes:thumbsup:

Back