• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

french or english flints

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like theses BSA pop Scorpio 177&22 more and more, but I don't love them like the others, I spent £120 on a HUMA regulator but a waste of time,chucked it, I can hold better than 1 " groups at 50 yards 12 ft lbs I don't need any more energy .knocks heads off rabbits at 50 yards,they saved my life when we lost our National Trust shooting lease.. I pump to 170 bar every 20 shots the sweet point. As i type a big male squirrel is at 45 yards now hes head shot. with a Scorpio 177 a pcp makes a lot of sense...See utube .

Fortunately this Afgan situation has taken the news away from the Plymouth shooting, but us gunny guys will be penalise, they also took away my 16g pump and I guess as this Plymouth nutter used one they will be banned in uk,

I think myself lucky they could have taken away my obsolete guns.......I got my 450-400 out of the safe for a cuddle yesterday but it has no charisma like a flintlock. I don't love it, , deadly on elephant though punching out over 4000 ft lbs.......bit like my sons Tesla fantastic car, leaves my cold no charisma no V8 ......if I said there's an elephant at the zoo the Plods would take it away 😟😟😟.

They pick on innocent people as they are no good at catching the real crooks. Example. As a witness in a family court case a woman wrote to the judge saying " I went to the funeral armed with an axe, and also went and started a fire in her house ". She Was a family friend , I wrote to her in strong words, She complained harassment to the police. I was interviewed and cautioned for threatening her , !!!!!!! the Police were not interested in her lies , so it's recorded I am a threatening thug I guess, all goes against you , It came up in my fire arms renewal, Not such a green and pleasant land sometimes. The judge said just a stupid woman, WHAT THATS IT !!!!!!!

Said enough we are all in a ranting mood wound up being blamed , as innocent gunny people, by the police and media, My apology for expressing my feelings,

so protect your rights to bear and hold arms.

However to relax and come in line with this string I settled down with some discarded chunks of Flint, I need to get some big nodules it's the only way ,some of these bits are so hard the hammer would not break them With a good module slivers of Flint will just gently tap off , not so today, big hammer job, I did as you can see get some slivers and made a few flints for my Bess it's the first time I used the copper handled tool for nibbling the edges and it gripped and chipped tiny fragments very well. A present from an archery friend Rest assured you will make piles of rubble for every good Flint.......must go 20 miles to the chalk downs, the modules get broken up on farmers fields you need to dig for them illegal or not.

Lovely string thanks for putting up with me 😀😀😀😀😀😀

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    110.4 KB · Views: 30
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    295.4 KB · Views: 32
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    297.9 KB · Views: 38
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    103.6 KB · Views: 30
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    164.8 KB · Views: 31
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    128.6 KB · Views: 33
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    134.2 KB · Views: 31
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    184.4 KB · Views: 32
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    168.9 KB · Views: 29
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    190 KB · Views: 35
they came up with excuses , like I might shoot intruders, flintlocks on the wall, my three 12b shotguns chopped up, however the pcp pump up air rifles are ok, but bow hunting in uk was banned in 1965, cool and overcast today, had very heavy rain, This week one pigeon and two squirrels in the bag one at 59 yards others at 30 , got a long garden Ha ha
I like your PCP.
[/QUOTE]
45 yard head shot Big fat male 17 BSA Scorpio pop

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    171.2 KB · Views: 28
I like theses BSA pop Scorpio 177&22 more and more, but I don't love them like the others, I spent £120 on a HUMA regulator but a waste of time,chucked it, I can hold better than 1 " groups at 50 yards 12 ft lbs I don't need any more energy .knocks heads off rabbits at 50 yards,they saved my life when we lost our National Trust shooting lease.. I pump to 170 bar every 20 shots the sweet point. As i type a big male squirrel is at 45 yards now hes head shot. with a Scorpio 177 a pcp makes a lot of sense...See utube .

Fortunately this Afgan situation has taken the news away from the Plymouth shooting, but us gunny guys will be penalise, they also took away my 16g pump and I guess as this Plymouth nutter used one they will be banned in uk,

I think myself lucky they could have taken away my obsolete guns.......I got my 450-400 out of the safe for a cuddle yesterday but it has no charisma like a flintlock. I don't love it, , deadly on elephant though punching out over 4000 ft lbs.......bit like my sons Tesla fantastic car, leaves my cold no charisma no V8 ......if I said there's an elephant at the zoo the Plods would take it away 😟😟😟.

They pick on innocent people as they are no good at catching the real crooks. Example. As a witness in a family court case a woman wrote to the judge saying " I went to the funeral armed with an axe, and also went and started a fire in her house ". She Was a family friend , I wrote to her in strong words, She complained harassment to the police. I was interviewed and cautioned for threatening her , !!!!!!! the Police were not interested in her lies , so it's recorded I am a threatening thug I guess, all goes against you , It came up in my fire arms renewal, Not such a green and pleasant land sometimes. The judge said just a stupid woman, WHAT THATS IT !!!!!!!

Said enough we are all in a ranting mood wound up being blamed , as innocent gunny people, by the police and media, My apology for expressing my feelings,

so protect your rights to bear and hold arms.

However to relax and come in line with this string I settled down with some discarded chunks of Flint, I need to get some big nodules it's the only way ,some of these bits are so hard the hammer would not break them With a good module slivers of Flint will just gently tap off , not so today, big hammer job, I did as you can see get some slivers and made a few flints for my Bess it's the first time I used the copper handled tool for nibbling the edges and it gripped and chipped tiny fragments very well. A present from an archery friend Rest assured you will make piles of rubble for every good Flint.......must go 20 miles to the chalk downs, the modules get broken up on farmers fields you need to dig for them illegal or not.

Lovely string thanks for putting up with me 😀😀😀😀😀😀
Please keep modern guns off this forum. Thank you.

I use both, I have a Charleville, so out of respect for her, I use french flints, but the english ones I get from TOTW are perfect in my locks and outlast everything else I have used, they are pretty much self knapping, so if it ain't broke...
Question.....your Charleville, is it Japanese or Italian? Should you use Italian or Japanese flints? 🤔 ;)

Back