• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Flints Back IN Stock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
In case anyone's wanting to buy flints, Track of the Wolf has both Black English and French Amber back in stock. Also Kibler's advised me several weeks ago that they were expecting an order of flints soon. Talked with them Fri (9-8) and was advised they had just got them in.

Thanks for the update. They were mostly out of stock on the English flints just a couple days ago. I would have ordered from there instead of ebay.

Thanks for the update. They were mostly out of stock on the English flints just a couple days ago. I would have ordered from there instead of ebay.
Track was out of both popular sizes Black English and French Amber until just recently for the last 30-45 days. August 30th they sent me an email advising the French Amber were back in stock and Sept 9 they got the Blk English in. Alot of outlets have been really low on popular sizes and/or out of stock. Kibler advised me back in mid August they were expecting a shipment and advised me on Sept 8 that they had just received them.

All you guys ordering flints and they'll be out of stock again in no time!!
Well duh!!!??? They don't get em in to sit on the shelves gathering dust. Track has a max order of 12 of each size. I ordered six of each size I need of English and French.

Last edited:
Ok, learn from my mistake...When I ordered (12) I put in the remarks section to please not send me any flints with the dreaded hump, that the last order I had 3 that were useless to me as they would not fit in my lock..This afternoon my order shipped and dang if they didn't notate that if I wanted hand selected flints, I should have ordered hand selected flints...It will be interesting to see how many useless flints I get this time...I do plan to send them back if there are as many as 2-3 more...Lesson learned, pay .20 more a flint, order them singularly so they can hand pick them for you...

Question for you flint shooters.

I have an L&R Manton and they suggest a 5/8 flint. When I look at track there are 5/8 flints but apparently in several lengths. Any suggestions on the correct length?

Question for you flint shooters.

I have an L&R Manton and they suggest a 5/8 flint. When I look at track there are 5/8 flints but apparently in several lengths. Any suggestions on the correct length?
5/8” x 3/4” should be correct for the Manton. Maybe order a few of those and one or two 5/8” x 5/8” and see which fits your lock geometry best.

Ok, learn from my mistake...When I ordered (12) I put in the remarks section to please not send me any flints with the dreaded hump, that the last order I had 3 that were useless to me as they would not fit in my lock..This afternoon my order shipped and dang if they didn't notate that if I wanted hand selected flints, I should have ordered hand selected flints...It will be interesting to see how many useless flints I get this time...I do plan to send them back if there are as many as 2-3 more...Lesson learned, pay .20 more a flint, order them singularly so they can hand pick them for you...
Just get a green emery wheel for your bench grinder used for sharpening carbide and take the hump off. You will need some water close by to cool them between passes and some light rubber gloves to hold on to them. Don't breath the dust !

Just get a green emery wheel for your bench grinder used for sharpening carbide and take the hump off. You will need some water close by to cool them between passes and some light rubber gloves to hold on to them. Don't breath the dust !
I'll have to buy a bench grinder first..At 68, that ain't happening...

Back