• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Fort Fred

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slash

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Is anyone planning on going to Fort Frederick next month? If so, please stop by and visit. We are down by the fort wall. It is really great when I can put a face with a name.
Slash

I'll be in the barracks at the fort, be a little more specific and I'll look ya up.

AHHH! The memories I have of that place! Maybe some day I'll get to visit again. I had many a fine time there from the early 80's to the early 90's. Anybody wanting to experience different periods of reenacting should make the trip. If for nothing else, the variety of sutlers, if that's not changed. Do they still show a movie in the fort on Saturday night? We used to see some doozies! :crackup:

Slash, I will be there on Friday. I was going to camp for the weekend, but my pyramid tent wasn't allowed. Give me a little more discription of your lodge and I'll look for you and I will stop in and say howdy.

We will be in a 16x20 Marquis with our sign on the front top of the tent. We set up second from the fort wall last year between Spotted Pony and Northwest Traders.
See you there, Slash

slash and slowpoke, I will try to look you up somehow. I will look for the 16 x 20 marquee.....that shouldn't be to hard to find :crackup: :crackup: sorry, I had to do that. I will look for the tent with the sign at the top. see ya there.

I will try to make it to Ft. Fred, but the only day I can come is the first day, Thursday. What time does it open? I will be in the non-rondy civilian clothes. Aside of PM's how is everyone going to find each other. Do you advertise your screen names to each other or fly the TMA flag while there?

The gate opens at 9am for the public (civilian clothes). We could all wear RED ROSES on our lapel :D Most people know me by my big mouth and can direct you to the noise. Anytime or place will work for me. I am anxious to see ya'll.
Slash

Got the dates. Can anyone provide directions from Balt area. Havent been there but I am planning to make it this year. Who will be there selling horns and bags? Thanks all.

James,
cant give definitive directions, but take 70 west. there is an exit that has Ft. Frederick sign. it is not too far off the exit.

The actual name of the exit is the Big Pool exit. I think that is a little town near there. The Fort is a very short ways after you get off I-70. Bring lots of money. :)

Baltimore to Frederick.......get on 70 West at Frederick......20 minutes past Hagerstown, Big Pool exit, hang a left...keep going straight past the Exxon. That's about it.

yes to the horns. look for Steve Shroyer or Lee Larkin....best around.

Howdy,

Mike Small, and Mark Thomas will also be at the fort. They both make fine horns.

The Exit is Big Poole off I-70 west of Hagerstown and the Route # is 56. At this exit, turn left when heading west on I-70 and travel 1 mile to the park entrance. Turn right into the park.

I'm glad to hear that Mark Thomas will be there, I want to meet him. Thanks

Back