• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Flints

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Works out to about a dollar a piece I don't think that's overpriced! I've seen some websites sell Amber French flints for $4 a piece

Don't. I bought a pound and paid the extra for "hand select". Worse flints I've ever seen. Forgot the exact count but I threw about a third right out. Another third or so are maybe usable and only the last third are good. So not such a good deal after all. Quality of modern flints is much higher

There were plenty available at Friendship this week, both black and amber. Anywhere from $25-$30 a dozen.
Yes expensive, but it’s nice being able to hand pick them plus not pay shipping. Hopefully I’ll have enough now to last till next year.

There were plenty available at Friendship this week, both black and amber. Anywhere from $25-$30 a dozen.
Yes expensive, but it’s nice being able to hand pick them plus not pay shipping. Hopefully I’ll have enough now to last till next year.
That's exactly what I did...hand picked flints while at Friendship.
Several vendors has small boxes of them there.
I get the exact ones I want with no shipping necessary.

Back