• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Flintlocks book, revised edition

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I fail to see how those kinds of mistakes make into print without someone catching them.
Didn’t the author get to do a final review before printing?
This subject is not rocket science.
Ok, so you have never made a grammar mistake, we get it. A pretty exclusive club. Unfortunately, most of the subject matter experts that I know are not English Writing Majors. And I am not going to make the effort or take the time to confirm, but will take your word for it that you have never made any rammer mistakes in anything you have posted or published. Personally, I have made more grammar missteps than I can count. But just because I can see how those kinds of mistakes are easily made, I must be the exception to that standard, and misunderstood?

Ok, so you have never made a grammar mistake, we get it. A pretty exclusive club. Unfortunately, most of the subject matter experts that I know are not English Writing Majors. And I am not going to make the effort or take the time to confirm, but will take your word for it that you have never made any rammer mistakes in anything you have posted or published. Personally, I have made more grammar missteps than I can count. But just because I can see how those kinds of mistakes are easily made, I must be the exception to that standard, and misunderstood?

A higher standard is required when publishing a book.
I have, and do, make grammar and other mistakes when texting or writing something down occasionally, but I would never make those mistakes in a book where a substantial investment and time are involved in even a limited run of books are involved. I would have proofread it for free, as would others. No English majors required.
No doubt Eric knows his subject very well-I have been a fan of his articles for years. I even have the first edition of his book.
I have no problem with the addition of more information in the next edition.
As Martha Stewart would say, “ It is a Good Thing “.

A higher standard is required when publishing a book.
I have, and do, make grammar and other mistakes when texting or writing something down occasionally, but I would never make those mistakes in a book where a substantial investment and time are involved in even a limited run of books are involved. I would have proofread it for free, as would others. No English majors required.
No doubt Eric knows his subject very well-I have been a fan of his articles for years. I even have the first edition of his book.
I have no problem with the addition of more information in the next edition.
As Martha Stewart would say, “ It is a Good Thing “.

Greetings, all,
Finally I can report some progress on the second edition of Flintlocks - a Practical Guide for their Use and Appreciation. The first edition sold out months ago, and it has taken longer than anticipated to prepare the newly revised edition. I am proofreading everything now; in a matter of days it will be in the printer's hands, so with luck we should soon have copies available for sale. When the book is ready I will post a notice. Thanks to everyone for waiting patiently.
Shoot straight,
Eric Bye
Was this ever published? Can’t seem to find it anywhere anymore!

Back