• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Flintlocks book

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Greetings, all,
At last the book Flintlocks - a Practical Guide for their Use and Appreciation, second edition, is being printed. I suspect copies will be available in a short while, and as soon as I have books in hand I will post another message here. Thanks to all who have waited patiently for the release of this revised edition. I will have autographed copies to sell, and the books will also be available from the National Muzzleloading Rifle Association.
Best wishes,
Eric Bye

I will ask again here for the third time with no response from prior asking.

How much has the revised book changed from the original? I believe it is a fair question to ask.

I have the original edition and if the changes are minimal, I cannot see buying another. If they are substantial it would be worth while.

Please let me know.

Need a picture of the book to comply with the rules in Classifieds also.

How can you post about a product that is not available for sale?

Last edited:
OK, Bigfoot - sounds like a good plan. Thanks for the suggestion.
To answer some of the other comments and questions above:
1) There will be a picture of the book when it is available and I have copies. In my post I offered nothing for sale and mentioned no price (I don't yet know what the price will be; that will depend on the bill from the printer..)
2) Evidently I missed seeing some messages - sorry. I have a busy life and don't spend much time hanging around message boards. In my view the second edition is a good improvement over the first one. Only a little new information has been added, but I have corrected some typos and incorrect page cross-references that were present in the first edition. If you own the first edition you already have the most important information. You might not want to buy the second edition in that case. Otherwise you could use the first edition for trade or for a blanket prize at a shoot and upgrade to the revised edition for your own benefit.
3) It's quite easy to post about an item that is still in production. I posted in answer to a number of people who didn't get a chance to buy the first edition before it sold out; they have been waiting patiently and I promised I would notify them when the book was available in an updated edition.
I hope this answers your concerns.

Back