• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

FOR SALE Flintlocks book will soon be reprinted

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The NMLRA will publish a revised, second edition of the book Flintlocks - a Practical Guide for Use and Appreciation by Eric Bye. The new edition is in the works and it probably will be available around the first of the year. Thanks to all for your patience. I think you will find the new book to be worth the wait. Best wishes to all.
Eric Bye

I have the first edition. Will there be a lot of difference between the editions? Terrific book by the way. One of the best references I own. Now you need to write one about building and fine tuning a lock from a kit. :)

Eric,
Thanks for the heads up about the new edition. The first version is by far my favorite flintlock book. I'm curious to learn what the new book will offer.

Jeff

Well, folks, believe it or not, I finally have received a case of the revised book Flintlocks - a Practical Guide for their Use and Appreciation. Wonders never cease! This whole process took almost a year longer than anticipated. I'm told that there wasn't enough glossy paper in the supply chain, and the printer was working short-handed for several months. In any case, books are now available from the NMLRA (PO Box 67, Friendship, IN 47021; $29.95 plus shipping).

If you would like an autographed copy I will be happy to oblige. A check or money order for $40 sent to me will get you a copy by priority mail and insurance. (The price of the book is the same as when the first edition came out a dozen years ago, but postage rates have increased. International orders will require more postage.) Here's my address: Eric A. Bye, PO Box 384, North Springfield, VT 05150.

Several people have asked how different the second edition is from the first. I believe the second edition is a bit more neat and complete. I estimate that the new material amounts to about 10%, and a number of corrections are now in place. (These are not factual or substantive changes - most were typos and some mistaken page references that sneaked into the first edition.)

Of course anyone with questions about the new book is welcome to send me a personal message and I'll answer promptly.

Many thanks in advance. May all your shots hit center.
Eric Bye
ML Forum Supporting Member

Back