• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Flintlock to percussion pistols?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxim5522

32 Cal.
Reaction score
i am new an i am very into flintlock to percussion pistols!! an some long arms!! i think it is great!! i dont even know where to look !! i dont want junk! :blah:

Try Dixie Gun works, they have scads of BP pistols and long guns in both flint and Percushion. Thats a good starting point. They show pictures of what they have and sell along with general information. A good buy is one of thier catalogs I think they are still 5 bucks. I buy a new one every year (don't have this years yet). Next go to local Gun shows. But you have to be careful. They are like the potato chips you can't just have one. I have 15 pistols and still look out for more.

i looked at dixie an they didnt have it !! i am looking for flintlock conversion to percussion pistols!

or a french modle or a sweedish modle!! i am looking for a method called the belgain conversion method!! i wonder if the dutch had one or the the germans!! or a rifle!! i hope a show makes my day!! i must have this type!

:grin: anywhere else where i can see more of a selection!! an was ur vent hole drilled in!! :rotf:

maxim5522 said:
how long u owned the hodia
I bought the howdah pistol and the blunderbuss in early December. The howdah pistol had a MINOR problem with the right-hand lock, in that the hammer would catch at half-cock when I pulled the trigger. I was able to fix it myself with some careful filing, but I could just as easily have sent the lock to them for repair, as the locks are warrantied. I also re-tapped the nipple seats to 5/16" x 28 (a standard musket nipple thread), since the nipples the gun came with take an odd sized cap (I've been told they're for a British musket cap, which seems to be smaller than a U.S. musket cap) and the threads are an odd size (possibly Whitworth). Again, this is an easy job, and if you can't do it yourself any machine shop should be able to do it cheaply. I now have two sets of nipples for it, one set for standard American musket caps, and one set for regular #11 sporting caps.

Since the guns are largely hand-made, the bore sizes vary, but Middlesex keeps track of what bore sizes they have in stock and will tell you if you ask. My howdah, for example, has .629 bores, while my blunderbuss has a .691 bore.

howdahpistol.jpg

Gentlemen - call me suspicious, but I detect some serious chain-jerking here by our new friend and his one-post-per-minute questions and answers.

Please feel free to call me a crusty old fart.

tac
Supporter of the Cape Meares Lighthouse Restoration Fund

more options would be great!! look at my profile now!! any my farts are very crusty!! i am trying to navegate thru site bear with me until i know where everything is thanks!!

so if i got the french version or the german version would i have to switch the nipple size to americain (11 caps)

Latest posts

Back