• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Flintlock pistols

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Retro77

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Hi
I'm new with these old flintlock pistols but I've always been interested in all kind of pistols.

A friend of mine have 3 old "pirate style" flintlock pistols he's going to sell.
I want to buy them but neither him or I know how much they are worth.
One of them has 6 barrels which I think is really cool :)

Here are some pictures:

46_-1631915592.jpg

46_-1667177327.jpg

46_-951658883.jpg

46_1433001024.jpg

46_83612815.jpg

46_-1132533869.jpg

Nice Table!

As displays or wall mounts they are okay.

Are you looking for guns to shoot?

They are pretty guns ( :) ) but I have no idea of value from these pictures.

These guns are deactivated so it's just for display.
I don't think I would dare to shoot with guns like this ;)

These were made for the tourist trade and were never intended to be fired. Maybe $50 each tops. Personally I wouldn't buy the whole bunch for $10.

So these pistols aren't real?
Are they just replicas made to look like they are old?

Thats what I would say. They don't look like anything real that I am aware of. They almost look like they could be Mid-Eastern?

P

Look like "Khyber Junk" to me. as in banged out and filed by Khyber pass black smiths to sell to tourists and US soldiers. Lots and LOTS of such junk coming back from Afghanistan and Iraq. Worse yet, some of this manure, actually chambers rather high pressure cartridges and some folks are gonna get hurt. There are some imfamous copies of 1870's Martini-Henry rifles of khyber cloneship. The date and amory of manufacturer are supposed to be on the right side of the action. They could noteven spell Enfield correctly, reversed, stamped letters upside down etc.

They are about as useful as a velvet painting of a Elvis and just as cheap.

Can almost guarantee they are not real. As displays or wall mounts they are okay, as stated above.

And as others have piped in they do not have much value thus I wouldn't pay much for them.

If you want to buy a shootable pistol I would hang around here for a while and research some of the threads and ask questions.

Most guys buy an inexpensive and easy to build pistol kit to start. Or buy a used but actually made to shoot pistol from someone who knows flintlicks/muzzleloaders.

Anyway, those pistols are displays of old replicas now. In other words, they have some years on them but they were made as fanciful replicas and if you want just display guns that clearey are not real but are old, then they are okay for that.

These are definately "tourist" or decorator pistols, not antiques made anytime near the muzzle loading era. Even if the "locks" would spark (they won't), they should never be fired.

When I was stationed in Turkey back in the early 80s, these were about $5 bucks apiece. They had working locks, but were never intended to be fired. Their "antique" look was deliberate. They look decent on the wall.

Dan

Back