• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Flintlock Pistols...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The CVA mountain pistol did come in flint, you could look for one of those at an on-line auction sight. The traditions trapper is available in flint, but is sort of heavy and clunky.

I like those pistols photos. I've posted this pic before of my .50 flintlock. A great shooter, it has a pinned barrel and no hooked breech. Thirty grains of 3F is the all-around load and about as much recoil it can have without spoiling the fun. Add 10 or 15 more grains of powder, a deer load, and it's fire and thunder. For extended shooting 20 to 25 grains is accurate and good for small game.
PICT0369-1-zps544bf87a.jpg

I like those pistols photos. I've posted this pic before of my .50 flintlock. A great shooter, it has a pinned barrel and no hooked breech. Thirty grains of 3F is the all-around load and about as much recoil it can have without spoiling the fun. Add 10 or 15 more grains of powder, a deer load, and it's fire and thunder. For extended shooting 20 to 25 grains is accurate and good for small game.

A very nice looking pistol. Great looking wood.

Great looking pistol ! Beautiful wood. Did you make that or was it a kit ?

I saw a pistol on Cabin Creek Muzzle loaders website for their Colonial American Pistol kit. Comers in .50 and .54, 8 3/4 barrel octagon to round in a few different wood types. Kit starts at $750.00. Do not know anything about it but it looks nice. After I finish my Kiblers Colonial in .54 I may look at that one also.

Oh yes! Its been a long time coming. It hard finding time to work on it with Family and job. But I can at least say I started on my pistol!!

Latest posts

Back