• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Flintlock Pistol Shot in Slow Motion

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Our very own @dave951 letting off a nice pistol shot at the Boy Scout Mountain Man program!
It was so cool to see the reactions of the Scouts yesterday as the pistol discharged. Most had never even seen a flintlock before and this was a great presentation of this type of firearm.
And Dave's now-immortal words before firing the Sparrow pistol;
"Get off my bloody ship!" - Capt. Deadly

Attachments

• Dave flintlock pistol.mp4
    20.6 MB
Last edited:
@PathfinderNC- Avast ye scallywags! Scurry off me bloody ship through the scuppers! Same day, @PathfinderNC repelling boarders.
362243970_3118778031760118_5981797662766258065_n.jpg

He does a great job of not flinching when the pan powder ignites. :thumb:
I need to grip a bit tighter because the hammer fall makes the barrel dip a bit when I pull the trigger. Part of that is because I have arthritis in my wrists and hands. Yup, my excuse and I'm sticking to it. Meanwhile, get off my bloody ship.......

Muzzle drops an inch before charge goes off. Interesting slo mo. Does cock fall or trigger backlash do that? Doesn't look like flinch.
It's not a flinch at all. Look at me shooting a flintlock rifle at about 0:30 in this video-

What you will see me do from time to time is reposition my head on the stock. I have stenosis in the cervical spine from injuries and arthritis. Sometimes when establishing a cheek weld, it's like having a "crick" in my neck and I have to lift my head and reposition. Watch how I shoulder the rifle. It's also the reason I don't shoot heavy recoiling rifles too often these days.

Back