• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Flintlock pistol kits

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe Cabin Creek Muzzleloading does. But it seems like their web site is down or hacked. Their phone is: 717-757-5841. If they are working you will need to leave a message. It's a high quality father and son operation. Brad and Sean Emig.

Who offers quality pistol kits? I looked at the Chambers website..pretty confusing. Looks like you have to choose individual parts. Thx
In all of Chambers' kits, the barrel is sold separately. This is a legal issue. In some states kits with a barrel are classed as complete firearms/weapons.
It's less of a headache to simply list and price the stock and components separate from the barrel.
Kentucky Pistol
Stock and components 445+25(shipping)
+
Buckeye Barrell 175+15(shipping)

Mr. Chambers also sells a kit for an English-style pistol. They don't show it on the website, but it should be on the pricelist, and if you contact them, Barbie can email you a spec sheet with photos of it.

I sometimes have trouble getting on the Cabin Creek website, too. I don't know what's going on with that. I did recently find a blog that they update occasionally, and they have a Facebook page.

For other high quality kit options, I think Pecatonica River offers at least one pistol kit. Tennessee Valley Muzzleloading also used to offer a pistol. Not sure if they still do, but I believe their guns can be ordered in various stages of completion.

Best regards,

Notchy Bob

Once built a "Bounty" pistol from Pedersoli. Nice kit, great shooter.
I've also built several of the "Trapper" pistols for other folks, came out nice. Oh! And my first build, a Kentucky pistol I got from Dixie - shot my first deer with it.

Like Wildcat Craig said, nothing too bad about a pedersoli. Ive done a few of their kentucky kits with no problems. They’re pretty low on the difficulty level though. So if looking for a challenge, others like Chambers or Pecatonia would be better.

I built one of Dixie's Pedersoli Harpers Ferry pistols. It's a level 1 build; basically minor wood shaping/finishing and metal polishing. Loads of fun to shoot. I am planning to take it to the range tomorrow and try out my homemade BP. Best of luck with whichever you choose.

Latest posts

Back