• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

flintlock lock dimensions

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

james d ward

32 Cal
Reaction score
hello every. i have been looking for lock dimensions or blue prints. i cant find anything. after a month of looking. i have made several attempts. but then things start to not line up. any help what so ever would be much appreciated.

might be a pricey but purchase a gun makers lock and use it as a pattern for the internal and external dimensions. I believe siler has these

You may be on the quest such as searching for the holy grail, I would think there are only a few quality gun builders that build their own locks, three that come to mind are HERSCHEL HOUSE and perhaps WALLACE GUNSLER or KEITH CASTELL. Another route may be to contact the builder in WILLIAMSBURG, but I would bet these are closely guarded trade secrets. GOOD LUCK

HI All , Back in the day I had the same problem until I spotted some full size pictures of flint locks in "Muzzle blasts" so I traced some of these with carbon paper and made my locks from these "BLUE" prints works for me .. Rob

Track of the Wolf catalog shows locks in life size photos.

If you don’t have a catalog, google them, that should give you the results you’re looking for.

Back