• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Flintlock Buck

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’s the way to get it done! Congratulations. Thanks for sharing the load with us. That’s pretty much the same load I have in my 54 half stock awaiting it’s opportunity. Good to know it will do the job👍🏻

That’s the way to get it done! Congratulations. Thanks for sharing the load with us. That’s pretty much the same load I have in my 54 half stock awaiting it’s opportunity. Good to know it will do the job👍🏻
Your .54 will get it flat out done within roundball range. I like to put a felt wad between the charge and patched ball. I find, for me, it acts as a gas check and shoots better as I have deep groove radius rifling in my flintlock. You may want to experiment, if you are not already doing this, or something along those lines. Good luck in your hunt.

tuck in the tongue in the photos'. young kids are upset by it.

It’s a .54 flintlock transitional rifle, 38” swamped rice barrel with faux Damascus finish and radius rifling, heavily figured sugar maple stock, Larry Zorn lock and furniture. Built by Kevin Blevins. Shoots better than I do.

Good hunting and a fine buck deer, I just finished going over the .62 flinter and checking my hunting pouch, I am all ready. Our early season comes in this Thursday. Really enjoy the early season for muzzle loaders cool mornings and the mountains are pretty. And no one on the mountain I hunt but me.

Good hunting and a fine buck deer, I just finished going over the .62 flinter and checking my hunting pouch, I am all ready. Our early season comes in this Thursday. Really enjoy the early season for muzzle loaders cool mornings and the mountains are pretty. And no one on the mountain I hunt but me.
Nice!!! A big .62 will slam dance a deer. Good luck hunting bring one home for the freezer. 👍

It’s a .54 flintlock transitional rifle, 38” swamped rice barrel with faux Damascus finish and radius rifling, heavily figured sugar maple stock, Larry Zorn lock and furniture. Built by Kevin Blevins. Shoots better than I do.

Great looking buck as well!!! Thanks

Max, looking forward to the early season last year we were in Wyoming, the first early season I have ever missed with the exception of 8 years in the Marine Corps. will hunt Thursday afternoon and then Friday with a Marine Corps buddy, hope Saturday will be spent over a cold one cleaning gear and re-living the hunt, there are some nice bucks roaming the mountain I hunt and about every other year it will gift me with one of its trophies. As I age it is not so much about the harvest as it is the hunt for the right deer. The fellow Marine is closer than a brother and I hope he can connect. Good hunting to everyone this year.

Latest posts

Back