• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

flint kits?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaxPower

32 Cal.
Reaction score
who makes a good starter kit ? i want to try building one, but aint much good at woodwork. i have the metal work down, and would like to find a poorboy style kit that is fully inletted allready. any ideas?

TVM(uzzleloading) poorboy kits are about the easiest builds around. They are very high quality and priced very reasonably. If I were going to build a rifle from a kit it would be a TVM.

You may want to start with an "in the white" gun to get the type you are looking for, browse through the gun builders forum (I think there is a tutorital on building there) to get an idea of what is needed to build one of the many parts sets, most of the sets offered are pretty close to being the same as far as what is needed to be done particularly from a novice point of view.

In-The-White if you want Fully Inletted. Tip Curtis Frontier Shop 615-654-4445. Prices vary from $ 850 to $1300 or so, depending on what ya want, style, detail, etc.

Keith Lisle

I have never handled or seen a gun from Tip but have only heard good things about them on the many forums I drop in on from time to time, Birddog6 builds a lot of guns, he would have a good handle on a suppliers quality, workmanship, and such, should be a top of the line source of reference on a builders quality,workmanship, and customer relations IMHO.

Just did my first Chambers kit. I did the Issac Haines kit. I have the gun assembled. It is now in the White. Was very difficult for the first few steps then it started to get easy when I knew what to do. I highly recommend these kits. They are not "in-the-white" but they are amazing kits. All I have left is to sand and finish the rifle.

Back