• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First smoothbore

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet looking smoothbore , that is the same kit I'm ordering from Kibler . Semper Fi
That's a Kibler Colonial .58 smoothbore less patch box. Easiest kit I've ever done. They have an assembly series of vids on them as well and he mentions some future upgrades to the kit that are implemented on these. Highly recommend.

Need to work on my reading comprehension. Thought you asked if it was the same.

Beautiful gun! Looking to get a smoothy, Kibler kits are impressive. Not sure though since I'm looking to get one for hunting turkey exclusively, looking at doing a kibler or getting one made with the colerain turkey barrel. Either way, you did a great job on it.

Beautiful gun! Looking to get a smoothy, Kibler kits are impressive. Not sure though since I'm looking to get one for hunting turkey exclusively, looking at doing a kibler or getting one made with the colerain turkey barrel. Either way, you did a great job on it.
That’s what my Kibler (well one of them at least) is for!

Where are you getting patches that thin from? Been checking sites I buy from and .016 to .018 are all that I can find. I have both and they are way too thick.

Oops, quoted wrong post. Was supposed to be @Ballshooter comment on using .008 patching material.
I am using patches cut from an old cotton bed sheet.
Measures.010

Got my 15mm punch in last week but am too busy to mess with it for. Month or so. I am for sure going to be working on some loads. I even have some corn meal laid in if it does not get made into corn muffins or hoe cakes before it gets shot. I think there is some ancient Cream of Wheat in the cupboard that I might as well use first, don’t look like I am ever going to eat it!

Got my 15mm punch in last week but am too busy to mess with it for. Month or so. I am for sure going to be working on some loads. I even have some corn meal laid in if it does not get made into corn muffins or hoe cakes before it gets shot. I think there is some ancient Cream of Wheat in the cupboard that I might as well use first, don’t look like I am ever going to eat it!
I have the opposite issue with time. I'm trying to cram as much of this stuff in now as I can. My work will explode when it gets warm enough for peeps to get out and the grass starts growing plus, I'll have a garden to tend to and firewood to cut. Sadly, I don't have time for fun when it's nice out.

145 grains of my homemade black brew two thin shot cards sandwiched between a .576 roundball at 40 yards.

Attachments

• 20230205_143313.jpg
    20230205_143313.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230124_133507.jpg
    20230124_133507.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 0
Started on shot loads today. For now settled on 70gr powder, an overshot wad, a greases wad, 2oz shot, and one overshot card. Had to drift the sights for the shot loads, throwing patterns right of poa. Tomorrow I may do another target with a centerline and further center the pattern, will have to readjust everything for deer later on.
Going to be limited to 25yds unless I find a combo that gives a tighter spread but that's plenty for where I set up. Getting that shot column more centered is my main priority.

Edit. I just realized I meant to use the Skychief load and forgot. Argh.

Attachments

• turkey target1.jpg
    turkey target1.jpg
    738.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back