• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First build complete

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillKilgore

50 cal.
Reaction score
I recently completed my first flintlock kit. It was quite a learning experience with a lot of trial, error, error and more error. Today I took her to the range for the first time and I am very pleased. It’s a Track of the Wolf Lancaster style .50 cal. It has a large Siler lock from Jim Chambers and a 42” swamped Rice barrel. A little clean up and she will be done.
7499F77C-467F-4F5F-95C9-B5DA684BEB3F.jpeg

E0D6690B-57CF-478A-A275-307D9EA69241.jpeg

25119C7D-944D-48F2-88D8-7392669A47AA.jpeg

Good job, school me on the extra piece on the rear of the patch box cover, I assume it is a catch of some type and would be interested if it is as how it works

Thank you, all for the kind words.

Good job, school me on the extra piece on the rear of the patch box cover, I assume it is a catch of some type and would be interested if it is as how it works
I banged up the patchbox lid a little while trying to peen the end of the catch. I could not get all the dents out, so I covered them with a small toe plate. The patchbox opens with a small brass button on top of the butt plate.

Beautiful rifle! How many hours did it take to build?
Probably around 40-50 hours. I was working slow and had to rework a few things. The left-hand stock was shaped and had a barrel channel, but there was no inletting for the breech plug, lock, trigger, side plate or butt plate.

The rifle weights 7.8 pounds and balances perfectly just behind the entry pipe. I am a little surprised how comfortable and nimble it is considering the 42" barrel.

Very nice job. I recently built my first kit, a Kentucky rifle from a Traditions kit that I know was a lot less work than what you built so I appreciate the amount of work involved in your project.

I can see lots of things on my rifle that I could have done better, but it shoots great so I'm happy with it.

Latest posts

Back