Finished my first muzzleloader kit

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

RiverRat

45 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Nice job! What caliber and barrel length? I'm getting ready to order me a Southern mountain rifle kit.

Col. Batguano

69 Cal.
Reaction score
You should be proud. Are you planning on doing another build after this one? If so, in order to grow as a builder, you might think about stepping up the level of tasks you need to perform, like going to a parts set, like Track sells. And adding things you didn't do this time, like making a few parts such as a muzzle cap, metal inlays, or thimbles. Pretty soon you'll be ready to build from a blank.

Ajgall

32 Cal
Reaction score
You should be proud. Are you planning on doing another build after this one? If so, in order to grow as a builder, you might think about stepping up the level of tasks you need to perform, like going to a parts set, like Track sells. And adding things you didn't do this time, like making a few parts such as a muzzle cap, metal inlays, or thimbles. Pretty soon you'll be ready to build from a blank.
I really enjoyed this build and did kind of wish it was a little more of a challenge. I’m going to shoot this and have fun for a while before I dive into another build but I think I may do a Track build next winter.

Col. Batguano

69 Cal.
Reaction score
You have started the way a great many have in most things, moving from the simple to the complex.

I fully understand wanting to take a breather from building. You want to spend some time playing with your new creation, not just working on another one.